'74 Duster ?'s

-

AARDUSTER

Reaction score
Hi All, just have a few questions that I hope to get some answers to. here is some info on my car that will probly be needed to answer my questions. orginal '74 /6 manual 3 on the floor-swapping to- '76 truck 360, 4 speed out of a '75 360 Duster, headers, Schrumacher swap kit for the engine swap, car 360 oil pan, Eldelbrock intake & carb. Thanks for any help, it is greatly apprciated.

1) would this bellhousing (part # 3893728 ) work in my 74 Duster (was told a truck-unknown year/model)
2) does the charcoal canister need to be used
3) what oil filter would work without useing the 90 deg adaptor
4) what would it take to swithch the front end from 4" to 4.5" bolt patern

For the #4 question, you will need to find a set of single piston front discs. Your best bet is to find a 73 - 76 A body, so you can take the spindles, upper control arms, bigger ball joints, callipers, rotors, and dust shields.

#1 What is it out of? The casting number and part number should be 7 digits long.
#2 No, but what does it hurt to do so?
#3 You probably won't know that until you get the engine and headers in the car. All header companies aren't the same.
#4 What 70DartMike says except you won't need to change the upper control arms. You already have the big ball joint type. You'll need new wheels though....and a disc brake master cylinder.

#1 What is it out of? The casting number and part number should be 7 digits long.
#2 No, but what does it hurt to do so?
#3 You probably won't know that until you get the engine and headers in the car. All header companies aren't the same.
#4 What 70DartMike says except you won't need to change the upper control arms. You already have the big ball joint type. You'll need new wheels though....and a disc brake master cylinder.

Haha, oops, thanks for that. I was thinking back to when I swapped my drums to discs in the 70 Dart.

-
Back