74 Spacer by Jaimus

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
Good morning folks,.Trying to help out AdamR by combining my posts while gathering valuable info for my Space Duster Project,(hereafter referred to as the Spacer) bear with as my computer skills are only slightly better than those of my cats,....Got the Spacer out of the snow bank and oiled everthing, found that It really is a 4spd(
a little oil on the linkage was like magic), Found a bunch of junk in the trunk, but also found that the underhood trim tag has been removed. The VIN shows It as 318 4spd, (now has 360), Has a complete black interior with factory buckets and down rear seat. I hope to find a build sheet under the rear seat. Is there any way to find a replacement tag? Much Thanks (again),.Jaimus:burnout:

Took the rear brakes apart,..Other than being completely frozen, I found the shoe material to be ......non existent,...like dust,...so today we rebuild rear brakes,parts from local NAPA,less than a hunnert bucks...

...Of coarse the Master cylinder is as dry as a popcorn fart,...now Its time to see where the leaks are,...back to the parts store...(heavy sigh)...

Got the 15x7 Cop Rims on,..Like the look but not with the Cop hubcaps on.
Found my Front bumper, Grill and Valance(mint) in a tiny little junkyard in Albany, Oregon while visiting the inlaws....SCORE,.....

Lotsa primer on the sheet metal,...black hood,..(Its amazing how many little pucks and dents show up with grey primer),...Scored a 360 4bbl cop intake on our last trip to Oregon,...Been playin with tires on the cop steelies to see what fits and to set the stance,...Got a pair of 15x8 Super Coupe wheels freshly painted, they look like cop wheels without the hubcap divits,...Trailered it over to the body shop for an estimate on a new trunk, floor, and Rear quarter,...Scored an OEM trunk lid, (mine hadda CB antenna hole in it),...Still gotta get the carb up to specs,...

Gotta wait till I get back from my honeymoon before any more money gets spent on it,...Momma says Cancun is more important right now,....600 bucks and our trip this Feb is paid for,....got my last $200 payment on the Caliber comin up,...things will definately be easier this spring...

Not Yet,...My wife has my memory card,...This might be a good weekend for some fresh ones though...

Lotsa primer on the sheet metal,...(Its amazing how many little pucks and dents show up with grey primer),...Scored a 360 4bbl cop intake on our last trip to Oregon,...Been playin with tires on the cop steelies to see what fits and to set the stance,...Got a pair of 15x8 Super Coupe wheels freshly painted, they look like cop wheels without the hubcap divits,...Trailered it over to the body shop for an estimate on a new trunk, floor, and Rear quarter,...Scored an OEM trunk lid, (mine hadda CB antenna hole in it),...Still gotta get the carb up to specs,...

Gotta wait till I get back from my honeymoon before any more money gets spent on it,...Momma says Cancun is more important right now,....600 bucks and our trip this Feb is paid for,....got my last $200 payment on the Caliber comin up,...things will definately be easier this spring...

Cool on the honey moon you and the Mrs. will enjoy that. Post up some pictures when you can are you running a 2 or 4 Barrel? You know you have my Favorite year Duster.

Thanks Bud, Our trip is just what the Dr. ordered,....literally,...Its been a tough year...

Gonna go with a small 4 barrel for now,...I'd really like to go with a pre magnum EFI unit offa Ram 1 ton, but that needs a buttload of homework and a donor truck,...

I had a 73 space duster in high school, so when I found this in a barn in Vermont, it was not possible to pass it up,....I had a few 70-72's when I lived in SoCal, but I've always preferred the 73-74's,..

Wow just looked at the 1 pic you had in your gallery and it looks just like the 73 340 Duster I just brought home but with no hood scoop

-
Back