'74 swinger project

-
Thanks for the comments! Just put in in the driveway, need to see if both fans are actually working and make sure there wasn't a pocket of air somewhere in the cooling system. Last 4 miles of a 37 mile run from the shop it ran up to 210 degrees. Letting it cool down to check fluid levels. Hope it's that simple. Other than that, was a fun ride ;)

OK, W T F!

Went out to check the coolant level etc. and the most impossible thing had happened. The car as an oil accumulator on it for reserve pressure. Sitting parked, off and cooling down the entire bottom of the accumulator blew off. Tossed 3 quarts of oil under pressure all over the engine compartment and is now all over the driveway :( :( Easy fix by bypassing it tomorrow but WTH!?! I'm glad is didn;t happen driving home on I35 at speed or I'd be looking at a giant fireball...luck on my side ! Gonna just plug off the feed hose from the acumulator tomorrow and spend most of the day getting oil of EVERYTHING! Then try and figure out how the hell that happend. The damn thing is only set to 30PSI, should be able to hold 3x that. Looks like the threads just gave up.

I guess a call to Canton tomorrow will also be in order, pics of carnage to follow later, right now I need to go get a LOT of oil dry and try and clean up the driveway.

Carnage

20141016_171903.jpg

20141016_171855.jpg

20141016_172926.jpg

20141016_172914.jpg

Wow, not seen that happen very often. Hope they make it right

ANd the hits just keep on coming :( Got the accusump pulled and bypassed. Fixed a small cooling issue (one fan not coming on and bad cap), even had time to put exhaust cutouts in since it was up on lift. LJASD@!!*(*!! alternator crapped out 7 miles from home. Made it on 11 volts to the house.

Dammit, somethimes making pretty sucks for service. Had to pull both fans and the alt BARELY clears out the bottom, new one will be in store tomorrow AM @ 8:30 and gonna try to get the install done in about an hour and back on the road.

Welcome to owning a project car lol. Never stops needing something

-
Back