74 wiring harness

-

highflyer

Reaction score
tryed to start had noo signal to the relay..finally traced it to the connector that plugs into the seat belt module...module is gone...had to jumper the yellow wires in the red connector like a post on here says.....having trouble with the back up lite switch one place for the clutch and the b/l switch wants to go there also..my harness is 74 automatic trans with 3 wires and duster is 73..two wires man ual with wire to ground stud on the relay..how do i wire for clutch and bup/lite switch..please help..tx..j

You have a manual? If not the 72 is fairly close, here are the downloads:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=manual,+download

Personally I see no real use for a clutch switch, but the replaced the neutral safety switch on the auto. The switch is grounded, the other wire comes out through the firewall in a separate grommet, and hooks to the remaining "push on" terminal on the starter relay.

I assume when you say three wires you are talking about the harness that goes down to the trans. Don't use the center wire, which was NSS. As I said, if you use the clutch switch, it comes out the firewall separately.

Replace the auto three term. connector with whatever fits the gearbox, and wire the OUTER two wires in that harness to the backup switch, should get you going.

hello...yes i do have the man.73 and 74 .the diagram shows all config of the switch..3 wire auto 2 wire man..and clutch sw is there to..but only one term on the relay so cant hook tran switch there and clutch sw there.. isnt enough room...ill have to play with it tomorrow.i have all harness and and plugs for it but cant fgigure it out..tx .j

OK, it's simple. If you only have a 3 terminal relay (only one push on connector) the relay is for a STICK car WITHOUT clutch safety. If you insist on using the clutch safety, you'll have to buy a 4 terminal relay, simplest way is ask for one with an auto

-
Back