75 duster 383 implant

-

440gordy

Reaction score
I just purchased a 75 Duster/Valient a few days ago. I just receved a free 67 383 for it. I dont see many 75 duster swaps. Is there anything i should know about the 75 before i try this swap or would it be better to find a newer year duster? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I was also wondering if the original colum shift will hook up without any modifications when the 727 is installed?

440gordy

Welcome! The column shift will hook up, but headers won't fit then.. most go with an aftermarket cable floor shifter (at least I did) for simplicity sake.. the factory floor shifter requires cutting/welding the tunnel side rod bracket shorter

This is what I'd get if I did it again -
Trans Dapt swap mounts ($100 cheaper than Schumacher's)
Schumacher motor mount shim kit, and torque strap
poly trans mount
Your preference cable floor shifter (I got a NIB Hurst Pro-matic2 off eBay for $120 shipped)
Schumacher, or TTi headers

V8 or slant car originally? Spend some time in the tech pages at www.bigblockdart.com, especially the Direct Connection K-member. Factory floor shift works with no mods, you just need all the brackets and console.

it is a slant 6 car. I have been going over the tech pages alot. this will be my first build.

Get the Schumacher mounts, headers and torque strap. Becomes much easier. Best thing I did with my Duster and 383 install.

-
Back