75 rr or 73 sport?

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
both are in the same condition body wise.

the sport is a /6 auto and the rr is a 318 car 4 spd factory buckets and the interior is almost like new.

i just cant decide which i would like to get

the sports 1500 and the RR is 2000
help me out here?

heres both cars

Attachments

• 578322_4092620875937_1331554902_n.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4936.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 240
I think the Dart Sport looks more solid in the pictures and will be more desirable with the same amount of work. I would go with the Dart Sport for sure.

I'm *guessing* that you can't get both , right ?

That 318 / 4 speed Road Runner is tempting for a couple of reasons :
- Last year for the 'B' Body Road Runner ;
- Last year for the "RM" v.i.n. ;

Now , is it a factory-produced 318 / 4 speed (sales codes "E44" and "D21") ? If so , it's got to be one-of-very-few-produced .

In my opinion , the 'Runner would be the one to buy !

The roadrunner is more of a rare bird. Would be worth more in the long run.
I like that body style.

X2!

Is the RR a factory 4-speed car? I have never seen one, gotta be rare! I think these cars are cool, always liked the wild decal across the trunk! 7,183 were build in 75, atleast half had a 318. Plus with the interior as nice as you say and the car looks to be original paint yet....Runner is the way better buy!

Funny, the RR is a bird but the Dart has the big beak....

Well both are pretty cool cars I think. From a cost and parts availability stand point, the Sport would be cheaper and easier to build. Probably the hardest part with building the Road Runner would be the Road Runner specific parts for that year. Most of the suspension/drive train parts are the same as 73/74 Road Runners and Satellite 2 doors. Im not 100% sure but I think the floor pans are similar also. The cool thing the Road Runner has going for it a few other memebers pointed out. It is a stick which is kind of rare and its the last year for the RM vin. Another point to think about with these 2 cars, you will see far more 73 Dart Sports than 75 Road Runners. As for value if you ever sold them, like anything eles you will only get what someone is willing to pay. JMO

this one sold for 700 bucks. 400/727 buckets , console

Attachments

• dy.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 226
  • dy1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 211
  • dy2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 227
The roadrunner is more of a rare bird. Would be worth more in the long run.
I like that body style.

I think something ugly only becomes worth more when its lovably ugly(like a dart sport), that thing....send it to the demo. derby. It wont be missed.

If you want people to think you bought a mid 70's Monte Carlo then get the 'Runner.... man do they ever look alike.

On the up side I like the factory ROAD RUNNER decal that goes on the trunk lid...

JMO: it says it's a Roadrunner but that's in name only. It certainly doesn't have the high-performance soul of a true Mopar Roadrunner.
Get the Dart.

I say the hell with the end value, buy what you would most enjoy having, fixing and driving. And in my opinion that Runner is FUGLY!

NOT the RR ... will never be worth anything ...
I used to hear the same refrain about all non-440 and non-Hemi MoPars back in the 80's and 90's ! I never thought that I'd see the day when a clean 340 Swinger would bring so much as $10,000 , let alone 3 times that amount ! Those used to be $2,000 cars , tops .

As far as that one-year-only 1975 Road Runner trunk decal : cool , but barfy 70's at the same time . I always thought of it as "Star Wars" when the cars were new (okay , Star wars was 1977 , but you get the gist ).

Now , as far as 1975 models not being "real" R.R.'s , chew on this : starting in 1973 , the standard R.R. engine was a 170 hp 318 (vs. 150 hp for the "regular" 318's with their single exhaust).

I love my "A" bodies ----always have , and before they were "cool"----- but a unique '75 R.R. with a 4-speed is quite rare !

one thing and one thing to look at here and that is avalabilty of parts! both of those cars will not see value for a LONG LONG TIME.... so the next thing that comes to mind, is what is going to be more readily avaliable parts wise? a 1975 B body or a dart sport? the answer is simple the A body has far far far more parts being re-poped and there was way more A bodys built from 1970-1976 all wich allow parts to be swapped, rather then a 2 year car like that runner/fury/coronet you have there

X2!

Is the RR a factory 4-speed car? I have never seen one, gotta be rare! I think these cars are cool, always liked the wild decal across the trunk! 7,183 were build in 75, atleast half had a 318. Plus with the interior as nice as you say and the car looks to be original paint yet....Runner is the way better buy!

Funny, the RR is a bird but the Dart has the big beak....

No brainer, read above qoute.

-
Back