75 slant 6, A/C & smog pump

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, My 75 Dart has A/C and a smog pump, all of which was not hooked up. I removed the smog pump and started pulling the A/C compressor. Can I pull the compressor bracket or is the power steering pump bolted to it ?

I also want to remove the remainder of the smog equipment, egr and charcoal canister to clean up the engine bay. Any thing I need to do beside plug the ports ?

i removed my ac and had to get the alternator brackets from a non ac engine. mines a v8 not sure how different it is from the slant 6. also removed the charcoal canister and i just plugged the lines and have had no issues in the 2 years since.

The alt. is separate on the slant. Its the power steering Im not sure about. Theres so much crap under the hood I cant tell. Ill probably ditch the power steering at some point but Im not planning on doing it soon.

Opps!! I see it's the power steering not the Alternator.

You may want to have another think about just randomly removing stuff you consider "smog equipment". The charcoal can, for example, not only prevents the car stinkin' up your garage (or wherever else it's parked) but puts expensive gas money right back in your pocket that would otherwise float away (fuel vapor contained so it can be burned, instead of just gassed off into the air). See here.

Thanks Dan, Half this stuff is already disconnected, plugged or just in bad shape. My main concern is removing the a/c compressor right now and eventually the car will be upgraded (or down graded depending on your view, LOL ) to a V8 which will require changes or removal of most of it anyways.

Incase anyone else is wonder, The a/c bracket and power steering are separate.

-
Back