75 Valiant Brake Pedal Assembly Swap Into a 68 Dart

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
I was wondering if the brake pedal assembly (pedal and mount) will swap into a 68 Dart. Valiant is an automatic on the column and my Dart is an auto on the floor. Thank you!

Yep. Bolt-in....curious as to why you would need to change an auto pedal for an auto pedal?

Remember the shady work from previous owner? So my car used to have an aftermarket GM power brake unit on it. When my master cylinder went kapoot I needed to replace it and didn't know which one to get. So I bought an MC for an 80's Diplomat that only required 2 mounting points like the brake booster, but that didn't fit.

So when I removed the power brake unit on this is what my firewall looked like...

So basically the firewall was swiss cheese and the previous owner cut off all of the mounting studs off the brake pedal unit and turned that to swiss cheese as well. To fix this problem my friend and I cut out a hole in the firewall and reweleded a new panel in there (never got to finish grinding down the welds)...

Well, since I had purchased a MC that only had 2 mounting studs I decided that we should cut the mounting ears off my brake pedal assembly (something I didn't do to well, make new mounting ears, weld it back on, and drill 2 new holes for the MC to mount in the firewall.

Since my friend doesn't seem interested in helping anymore and I don't have access to a welder and someone who can weld the new ears to the brake pedal assembly, I figured I might as well pull the brake pedal out from the Valiant and use that with an adapter to mount my MC to my car. I already have an adjustable push rod. My problem now is just marking where the holes should go in the firewall for the MC and the studs. :banghead:

Ahh ok, I remember now. You'll probably want to push out the studs on the new pedal assembly, mock it up in the car and mark the holes with a sharpie. Then you can drill and re-install the studs.

Good Idea to get a new pedal box though. It should be easy enough to find one.

Ahh ok, I remember now. You'll probably want to push out the studs on the new pedal assembly, mock it up in the car and mark the holes with a sharpie. Then you can drill and re-install the studs.

Good Idea to get a new pedal box though. It should be easy enough to find one.

I already found one in the pick-a-part with the Cordoba spindles. Now it's just a matter of getting them all out in about 3-4 hours.

-
Back