750 Demon Carb

-

GTSDustin

Reaction score
Anybody else using a demon carb and having problems with it? I hear that they are junk, I'm starting to agree. Can't get this thing dialed in right. Either runs pig rich or stumbles on its ***. I'm only using it because it was "free" lol.
What did 71 340s have stock, I know themoquad, but what cfm?

The 340 had the 800 TQ.

What type of Demon? I have an old 750 Mighty Demon I keep for racing (no choke or vacuum ports), haven't gotten into jetting it yet with my O2 sensor but I got it used and tore into it, looked pretty good. Ran great when I tested it but I could tell it was rich.

What have you done to try to "dial it in" so far?

I'm finding the more this blended gas get's blended with garbage,the harder it's getting to keep a constant tune on anything! Is it the newer demon? My brother was having issues with being rich also ,but he doesn't like to open anything up and tune,he just want's to throw it on assume it's going to be perfect!

Look up Thumperdart on here. If you can't find him, PM me and I will give you his phone number.

You can spend your time screwing with the carb, or send it to him and in a few days it will be as right as rain.

There is NOTHING wrong with those carbs. The issue is do you have the right carb for the job. If not, you need to correct the carb you have, meaning emulsion, air bleeds, idle feed restrictors and such.

It will work and work well.

I run an 850 mighty Demon on my 600hp stoker, works awesome. And a 750 mighty Demon on my 340 in my Fargo, still dial in it in but works real good. These were new in box from the Barry Grant era.

-
Back