750 Edelbrock VS 650 Holley on 318

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
I got my 318 Magnum fired up the other day getting close to having it driveable, its a stock magnum other than a dual plane intake, 1" spacer, and a small cam. 107 LSA, 206/212 @ .050", 258/264 adv, .512"/.522' lift.

Its in a truck but it wont be used for truck purposes other than maybe hauling a motor or trans around sometimes. 4 Speed OD

The two carbs I have are a edelbrock 750 mechanical secondaries its running with it right now seems to have good throttle response. Its not my carb but I can run it as long as I want.

The other carb is a 600 or 650 holley, I am not positive if its vac or mech yet because I havnt went and picked it up but im pretty sure he said it was a vac.

I like holleys better and it will be mine not borrowed like the edelbrock so I would rather run it unless you guys think that would be a bad idea.

I'm currently running a Holley 650dp on my magnum and would personally take it over the Edelbrock carb any day.

I like Edelbrock carbs but Id go with the Holley in this case. I could never get the 750s to run as good as the 600s.

The smaller carburetor will be a much better match.

Smaller carb on the 318 will be more responsive.

I usually steer towards edelbrock carbs but in this case I'd say go with the Holley, especially if it's a vacuum secondary job.

-
Back