76 Duster Fender to a 72 Duster

-

John_Lemon

Reaction score
Hello Gents, I have searched threads on here but can't get the exact answer I'm looking for but in short, will a 76 Duster fender direct swap to a 72 Duster?

Any input is appreciated.

Directly? Sure...
The antenna mount is different. Do you intend to use the 70-72 grille? If so, there is a small tab on 70-72 fenders that is there to support that wide, flat steel panel that supports the top of the grille. You can make a tab and weld it on, not a big deal.
A 1972 Fender is actually a ONE year only fender. It is the first to have the corporate all plastic surface mount side marker light and the last year of the grille used from 1970-72.

The panel I mentioned is the white-ish colored one that also retains the hood latch.

43.JPG

44.JPG

Directly? Sure...
The antenna mount is different. Do you intend to use the 70-72 grille? If so, there is a small tab on 70-72 fenders that is there to support that wide, flat steel panel that supports the top of the grille. You can make a tab and weld it on, not a big deal.
A 1972 Fender is actually a ONE year only fender. It is the first to have the corporate all plastic surface mount side marker light and the last year of the grille used from 1970-72.
Thanks Kern. No problem on the antenna hole as we're replacing the other side. I understand the the tab issue. Thanks for the confirmation. We'll surgically remove the tab from the 72 fender and move it to the 76. If that's all there is it sounds like we'll have a 72 fender at the end of the day.

-
Back