8 3/4 diff search

-

1973_440_DUSTER

Reaction score
I'm not having the best of luck finding an 8 3/4 diff. What alternative vehicles can I find an axle with 4 10 gears and the 5 on 4.5 mopar lug pattern? I've heard 90s jeep grand cherokees have em. True or false?? Thanks

If you really want a 8 .75 rear , Moser sells new housing and alloy axle packages made to order in two days .

8-3/4 was last built in the mid-1970s ('72 on A-bodies - ALL small bolt pattern).

I'm not having the best of luck finding an 8 3/4 diff. What alternative vehicles can I find an axle with 4 10 gears and the 5 on 4.5 mopar lug pattern? I've heard 90s jeep grand cherokees have em. True or false?? Thanks

False.

Last 8 3/4 rolled off the line in 72 for cars, I think trucks were 73 or 74. The grand cherokees have a dana 35, though some of the ones with towing packages had rear Dana 44s but those are a rarity and highly sought after by jeepers.

are you looking for just the diff or the whole axle/housing?

I`ve got a 742 case w/4.10`s and a 30 spline spool w/dutchman stock length axles 4 sale......came out of my 9-second BB street/strip Dart...........

mguner, Yes 73 was the "use up what they had" at Chrysler for the "B" body cars.Some had them, others got the 8 1/4.

I've always been told that '74 was the last year for the 8 3/4. And I've also seen them under '73 and '74 vehicles. Just my .02 worth.

If your car is the Duster in your avatar- a 66/67 B body 8 3/4 axle almost slides right in.

If your car is the Duster in your avatar- a 66/67 B body 8 3/4 axle almost slides right in.

and moves the tires out , what, an inch each side?
makes em fill those wheelwells a whole lot nicer, that's for sure

Ya I think what I put in it now is a 8.25 I originally though of doing a 360 but the 440 fell into my lap so I think it would be a fun build

You can find em...just becomes a "how much am I willing to spend" issue.

-
Back