8 3/4 spring/shock mount

-

Kenflo

Reaction score
View attachment image.jpg

Ok, Im pretty sure these spring brackets are installed wrong (should be on the bottom below the springs). My main concern is are these brackets the right ones for an 8 3/4 rear?

Those appear to be truck pieces. Trucks mounted the axle below the springs, therefore would use curved shock plates below the axle. The plates you need should be flat and should mount below the spring.

they look like they might fit , a truck where the axle housing mounts below the springs. a car bracket/plate is flat to go up against the underside of the leafspring. I think any car bracket/plate that is for a 3" axle tube like 8.25" or 8.75" or 9.25" will do

Yeah I figured they may be for a different application. I'm going to try them and see if they will work, I just need the U bolts

I wouldnt even use those as the curve most likely will not seat right on the bottom of the springs and give you problems down the road. Plus the spring bolt aligns the shock plate where it needs to be, where the truck style you have wont align properly. Just find the correct style and you will be fine. My 2 cents!!

Your totally right, they are rounded and do not have the hole to line up the springs. Looks like I'm shopping for some new brackets.

-
Back