8-3/4 suregrip fluid

-

66dartman

Reaction score
Any additive needed in the clutch type suregrip? The clutches don't have any friction material on tham like the ford traction lock which requires an additive. I would like to use synthetic 75-140 gear oil in the diff.

Unless its a cone a roller type sure grip they are still clutches and mopar still makes a suregrip additive. And you'll need it too. I tried to be cheap and use the Ford friction modifer I can get at work for free but it would shutter from time to time so I got some mopar stuff and all good. I also used 75-140 being another "free" Ford product

I run a gear lube that specifcly stated on the bottle that it was for limited slip differentials and have absolutly no trouble, I don't see a need for a "special additive" that you get robbed at a chrysler dealership for when there are fluids available that do the exact same for half the price.

Well I have to argue with that even at the Ford Dealership our 75-140 synthetic which ain't cheap is specifically forumulated for limited slip diff's and even that alone is not enough to eep it from shuddering occasionally. Gotta add the friction modifier. Hell ford themselves even tell us so you know if they could save cash with just a fluid they would.

Thanks, I know that ford wants you to use it no matter what since all our ambulances are fords and without the modifier in the diff they will shudder. I will buy the stuff from Mopar I guess.

I just buy what ever friction modifier the local parts store carries and have never had an issue.

-
Back