8 3/4 Whats it out of?

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I found an 8 3/4 that has the following measurements:

Perch to perch (center) 43"
30.5" axles
Axle housing (no backing plates or brakes) Just under 59"

I looked up the 8.75 chart on moparts and it appears to be c body length with a body perches? The welds look factory to me.

A friend of mine wants it for his 71 duster

Thoughts?

5x4 sbp or 5x4.5 lbp?
Are perches ontop or under the housing?

5x4 sbp or 5x4.5 lbp?
Are perches ontop or under the housing?

Its 5x4.5

Perchs are on top, if I'm looking at this pic right.

i0000010.jpg

Perches on top would be truck.
Breather location would be after about 72

If the price is right, housing can be narrowed and perches relocated. Akles might be able to be shortened, BUT most likly not due to necking down rihht after the spline

If the price is right, housing can be narrowed and perches relocated. Akles might be able to be shortened, BUT most likly not due to necking down rihht after the spline

He wants 250 for the whole thing. Its a 741 case, unsure of gear ratio.

If gear ratio is what you want, Good price for even only the center. BUT 741 only has 2 avalible NEW gear ratios 3:55 and 3:73 (or there abouts) so use caution. If locking center especially clutch type even beter price. Looks like backing plstes are there, about 50 to 100 value there. OE a body housings are in the 500 to 1000 range

If gear ratio is what you want, Good price for even only the center. BUT 741 only has 2 avalible NEW gear ratios 3:55 and 3:73 (or there abouts) so use caution. If locking center especially clutch type even beter price

Its not for me, it's for a friend. Its a non sure grip center. He is putting a 440 in the duster and will most likely rebuild the center.

Thanks for your help.

It's basically a core truck housing (~$100), backing plates (~$50), and a core 741 case (~$50). If it has the ratio he wants to use, then decent deal at $250. If not, it's a bit overpriced.

-
Back