8.75 sure grip questions

-

stingerdart1972

Reaction score
Hi,
My first post to the site

Got a great deal on a 8 3/4 sure grip with a 489 carrier and Richmond gears off of craigslist a couple months ago complete with new springs, U bolts ..ect

Just had it disassembled and new seals and bearings and correct yoke installed... I had the shop hold off on putting the fluids in, So that I'm putting in the correct and best for it.

Recomended lube and weight ?
Capacity ?
Additive ?

Thanks for the help

Welcome.

What does the shop recommend? If you trusted them to do the some work on it, they must have thoughts on the type, volume and additive?

2 qts Mobil 1 synthetic. Doesnt stink to high heaven and is not much more than regular 80-90 SG oil. check label for SG addative, someone said its not needed, but do your homework. 80 is lighter than 90 so in theory, itll take less drag to churn. Glue gasket to pig so you can reuse it. fill it up to the fill hole. with its pumper or get it in tubes and squeeze it in but itll be cheaper in bulk.

2 qts Mobil 1 synthetic......... check label for SG addative, someone said its not needed........

FWIW, I tried it in my truck 9.25 because of the not needed claim. It caused it to "click" leaving from stop especially around corners. SG Additive shut it right up.

Welcome.

What does the shop recommend? If you trusted them to do the some work on it, they must have thoughts on the type, volume and additive?

75-140 amsoil just under 3 qts

If it chirped to add amsoil anti chirp

Just wasn't sure on the synthetic

-
Back