9" Drum - Parking Brake Strut Spring

-

jalake

Reaction score
Anyone know the correct part number for, and where I can get a replacement parking brake strut spring for my 9" drum brakes? (71 Dart) I'm lead to believe that the Chrysler part number is 2072646. I don't mind if I can't find a Chrysler part, I just need one that isn't broken. My mechanic found one. Need one more.

Attachments

• spring.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 135
Oreilly's BrakeBest® - Drum Brake Hardware Kit
Part # H7130
Line: BHH

Never mind. I thought it was this kit but is not. The kit I bought was in a bag and it did have that spring. The bag is long gone.

I've heard that the kits used to have them and for whatever reason, no longer do. ... not sure of that. I'm kinda new to this. :)

NAPA auto parts sells them, I just don't know the part number. I've got it written down here
somewhere on my messy desk. Good luck.

I've found this part at NAPA (UP80744) , but I was under the impression that they were for 10" drums and slightly larger than the 9" ones, but again, I'm not sure.

I've found this part at NAPA (UP80744) , but I was under the impression that they were for 10" drums and slightly larger than the 9" ones, but again, I'm not sure.

Does it make a difference? The same spring may work for both. I'm not sure either, but don't think that it would be much different if at all.

-
Back