Status
Not open for further replies.

65goldcuda

@65_Cuda w/408/727/Dana 60
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hoping someone can use this to complete a project you are working on. I just removed this 904 3 speed automatic out of my 65 Cuda in favor of a new 727 Tourqueflight from Performance Automatic. Reason? I just completed a complete re-power of my drivetrain (converted from a 200HP 318 V8 to a 425hp 360, new Dana 60 rear end, and new trans, new drive shaft etc).

So condition.. I had it rebuilt last summer (the date 6/26/14 is stamped on the housing). So finally got the engine running in April of 2015, right out of the gate the trans was running and shifting fine, but had a bad leak, so we pulled it and considered rebuilding it again, but I knew it was not designed for 425HP. So rather than pay someone to rebuild it, I opted for a new street/strip trans.

So..I have no idea what the condition is on the inside. It does have a 2800RPM stall converter in it, but again,I can't vouch that everything is perfect. So treat this transmission as if it would need to be rebuilt in order to be reliable. To some, that might be a deal breaker, to some that is no big deal because they are in desperate need of the 904 to get back to factory OEM specs and they plan on rebuilding it themselves. So if you want the trans, and you are not afraid of having it rebuilt let me know. I can get $200 at a transmission place as a core. But...I would rather get it in the hands of one of my FABO brothers to help them with their project.

So..$200 plus you pay the shipping (or pick it up) and it is yours. I live in the Houston, TX area. I still have a nice box to ship it in from my new trans and we could use FEDEX or UPS freight.

Send me a Private Message if you have any questions or want me to email you the pictures.

Attachments

• image_1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image_2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 149
  • image_3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
-