904/727 neutral safety switch, where can I find a new one?

-

rebelkustoms

Reaction score
I have a 68 Plymouth valiant, pulled tranny to do a shift shaft seal and tf1 shift kit, I think I may have a leak or some seepage coming from the nuetral safetyswitch. It is the earlier single pole plug, not the later 3 pole model . If anyone has replaced one and found it at a parts store or online, let me know where you got it or a part number. Thanks in advance.

Just leaving a final note here for anyone in the same situation, I kept reading that a 3 pole switch could be used so I tried it out, ended up working perfectly. just change to a tubular wire connector and use the center pole. There is a torque spec on it that i found in the hanes manual, I cant remember but I think it is 25lbs. I got it from napa part #ns6562, but it is a widely used part on most of these transmissions through the 1980s I believe, so it should be available anywhere. works great and the new shift shaft seal is good too. (I wouldn't recommend trying to do that with the transmission in, I could not get it done had to pull it, glad I did. Also did a Transgo TF-1 shift kit whie it was out, and I love it. (thanks for the reply on this fishy68 and I followed an older thread you were in about the shift kit that helped out a ton). Hope this helps anyone out there.

-
Back