904 filler tube for 727

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

I was just wondering if it would be alright to use a 904 filler tube and dipstick in a 727 or are they a mismatch?

I dont know if they are a mismatch. Both mount the same, pans are about the same height. I dont have mine side by side to compare. I would try it.

If you need a 904 dipstick tube and dipstick, I have one from a 65 904 you can have.

Hey just a fyi some 727 sticks have a tab on the tube to hold it down with make sure you put a bolt in there or you get a leak that wil you crazy trustme and a few others!

Hey just a fyi some 727 sticks have a tab on the tube to hold it down with make sure you put a bolt in there or you get a leak that wil you crazy trustme and a few others!
I assume your talking a tab near the base? If so that's only on the real early 727 dipsticks (67 or 68 at the latest). The newer ones use a retainer up higher that a bellhousing bolt goes through

Richie I have never tried swapping them and I wouldn't unless I verified they read the same. For that you'll need a 904 tube and stick. OOPS we're back to square 1

Went this on my S.B.M ,727 setup. Took all of two minutes, to install. Perfection ,on the bends.

Talk to VOETOM from the forum, he just wrote a book on 727 and 904 transmissions. He will be able to answer your questions.

Tubes and sticks are not the same between trans sizes or engine sizes you will need the proper assembly for your application, would be easier to set up a Locar stick set up will fit any application.
Lon Kopaska

-
Back