904 kickdown

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
360/904 circle track race app. I'd like to wire it back all the way rather than installing an OE type rod kickdown. do you see a problem with this? thank you for your time. RR

I'm guessing that would work if you have a auto valve body, but why not a manual vb for that application?

Last edited:
360/904 circle track race app. I'd like to wire it back all the way rather than installing an OE type rod kickdown. do you see a problem with this? thank you for your time. RR
What’s been done to the trans? My 727 w/Transgo 3 kit (full manual) is wired back. Driven equally this way on street and strip use. Circle track I’d think that’s how you’d want it as isn’t the throttle mostly pinned anyway? If your out front you won’t need it to kick down to pass right?!!!! LOL The full pressure all the time hasn’t been a problem in my application.

I had never thought of using a MVB. it is a stock rebuild. Hopefully I can be out front! my 63 dart will for sure come in way lighter than the chevelles/monte carlos out there

I had never thought of using a MVB. it is a stock rebuild. Hopefully I can be out front! my 63 dart will for sure come in way lighter than the chevelles/monte carlos out there
Being a 63, I assume that is push button, or on the tree or floor? I misunderstood your initial question about wiring back and assumed too much. Wiring back the lever would be done (in lieu of the linkage as you mentioned) if you are using a Transgo 3 shift kit. (Full manual only) Any other manual valve body setup maybe others can advise

Last edited:
not a good idea, i did this and messed up my transmission after a couple of months, MVB would be best

Throttle valve acts as a balance valve with spring pressure coupling to counteract the governor. In an automatic application, those need to function as designed or transmission failure is imminent. The TF3 is a good setup, and a B&M Transpak with the level 3 full manual installation also works, but will have a lot of parts you won’t use.

Last edited:
Just do it. 904's are cheaper than "mvb kits" and other kits. Circle track usually foot to the floor anyway.
\Run some type of cooler.

I think you're gonna get protested before you even get it off the trailer. You're like running a Vega or Monza compared to those guys. If your junk even runs half as good as most Mopars, they won't have a prayer and they're gonna know it. I think you're gonna see some opposition.

yes I am gonna come in WAY lighter than them. big issue will be getting the alignment/geometry right so I can slide around the corners

You have the advantage of torsion bars. You crank the right side all the way up, the inside tire doesn't do much.

-
Back