904 street strip converter id????

-

red_srt10

Reaction score
Anyone id this street strip converter???

No MFG name on it that I could find. May be custom??

Stamped with L520 and 1256 on tranny side of converter.

Is the size 9 or 9.5?? Not exactly sure where reference point should
start and end....

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• photo (10).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 153
  • photo (11).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 176
deffinetly a custom build. i would be concerned with the crankshaft bolts marking the cover. is it just me, or are those two pictures of the same convertor?

Man that looks like onr of those G.E.R. convetrers. JUNK! also look how close the starter ring gear is to the converter pads. An old friend of mine got one of those convterters (cuz they are cheap!) & went through 2 starter drives until we figured out to put two washers on the starter bolts before we bolted it up becouse it would open up the starter drive like a can opener!

Used converter. Good door stop and nothing else, IMHO, as you don't know the make or any history on the unit.

Man that looks like onr of those G.E.R. convetrers. JUNK! also look how close the starter ring gear is to the converter pads. An old friend of mine got one of those convterters (cuz they are cheap!) & went through 2 starter drives until we figured out to put two washers on the starter bolts before we bolted it up becouse it would open up the starter drive like a can opener!

Interesting... The car I own,has had the same basic
converter since '99. Seen problems with G.E.R, maybe I got lucky. The one I have is a 9.5 diameter,2800-3000 behind a small block. I would say it's a basic useable core,with unknown history.

Thanks for the comments and insight on the converter. The car that the 904 and converter was in worked very well. There was never any problems with it. Pulled the car down and looking at going a different direction tranny wise. Trying to identify manufacture and advertised stall. Thanks!

-
Back