904 to 727

-

Richie

Reaction score
With a 69 Dart if you switch from a 904 to a 727 do you have to change the transmission mount?

...............No u dont, but u need a shorter driveshaft+ the 727 yolk, the manual shift lever u need is a straight 1..............inspection cover, bracket that bolts 2 the trans for the cross shaft.................kim................

Everyone around here where I live says I need a 727 if I'm going to put a fixed up 360 in the Dart. I've heard that 904s can be beefed up but everyone around here ...even transmission people give me looks like I'm stupid when I tell them this.

your hearing myths and stories. keep the 904 until it dies. put the money into other parts. etc

Everyone around here where I live says I need a 727 if I'm going to put a fixed up 360 in the Dart. I've heard that 904s can be beefed up but everyone around here ...even transmission people give me looks like I'm stupid when I tell them this.

So prove them wrong. An old proverb says it's better to remain silent and let others think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

The 904 is more than capable and with a factory available low gear set, it's a real deal. Keep the 904, get a 2.74 low gear set for it and a high quality torque converter from ATI, Dynamic, Coan, Turbo Action or similar reputable company. Not a B&M, Boss Hog, Dayco, or some other cheap junk. Use one of the previous manufacturers valve bodies and stock overhaul kit with new clutches, steels, and bands (plus any hard parts it may need) and you'll be in fine shape.

I just had it rebuilt so I could drive it around with the 318. I'll have to change the torque converter and flex plate for a 360?

you need a better trans guy then... what are you doing to the 360? they are tons of 10 second cars out there running 904 transmissions. and there is nothing exotic in them. just good quality parts and put together by someone that knows what they are doing. i've had the same 904 in my car since liek 2005 and i beat the living crap out of my car.

Trust me YOUR not the stupid one, time to find another transmission guy,built properly the 904 can take just about ANYTHING top put in front of it..

-
Back