904 tranny lines questions

-

340wedge1971

Reaction score
I am installing my tranny lines on a 904/318,I am unsure what line goes to which side of the radiator...example:does the front line off the trans go to the pass side treaded hole or the drivers?and same for the rear hole...Can anyone help with some knowledge or pics?

Attachments

• mymotor.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 241
74' swinger 318 / 904 rear = drivers side. if your using factory lines, they're only going to fit one way :)

iv got two lines hanging on my fence out of a auto 318 904 if you want pics.send me your p email .ill take close ups and email to you...j

your welcome.
iv got two lines hanging on my fence out of a auto 318 904 if you want pics.send me your p email .ill take close ups and email to you...j
that would work but a major pain in the arse.

if your not worried about it looking correct, just use steel braided hose. making all the bends to get hard lines installed will drive you crazy

I need a new line as I smashed one of mine yesterday. I had the tranny in my arms and slammed it up against the motor to seat it and the motor started rolling down the driveway still connected to the hoist. I had to drop the tranny to save the motor (and the wife's car that it was headed right for). In the process one of the lines got smashed and pinched off. I am headed to the wrecking yard tomorrow where there is a 74 318/904 Dart. If not I will bend my own.

I need a new line as I smashed one of mine yesterday. I had the tranny in my arms and slammed it up against the motor to seat it and the motor started rolling down the driveway still connected to the hoist. I had to drop the tranny to save the motor (and the wife's car that it was headed right for). In the process one of the lines got smashed and pinched off. I am headed to the wrecking yard tomorrow where there is a 74 318/904 Dart. If not I will bend my own.
I used stainless braided line also in my 66 Dart street/strip car,mostly strip.After years of pulling engines and installing,I,ll never use steel line again.It,s just way easier to just remove the braided line easily and out of the way.It was alittle pricier,but well worth it.JMO

I need a new line as I smashed one of mine yesterday. I had the tranny in my arms and slammed it up against the motor to seat it and the motor started rolling down the driveway still connected to the hoist. I had to drop the tranny to save the motor (and the wife's car that it was headed right for)...

wow

-
Back