904 trans ?

-

JRDART

Owner "Poisoned Dart"
Reaction score
I know I havent been on in a while (Life got the better of me for awhile) but Im back with a ? for anyone that has rebuilt a 904 trans. I picked up a brand new reverse-low band as well as a brand new front seal the other day for 9 bucks for the pair. Is it possible to just replace the reverse band without having to take the whole trans apart? Like in this thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1359026&postcount=41
I see that just the front of the trans is apart when he replaces the band but I cant really tell if there are a bunch of parts before that or what...I just moved into a new house with no hill and its a $380 fine for driving through the yard (Got 1 warning already). I want to replace the band either today or Saturday so a quick response would be amazing. Thank you for any help or advice. I cant afford a full rebuild atm so the reverse band will have to do until then.

trans will need to be disassemble to get rear band out and in again...

Yep, all drums and clutchpacks have to come out.
A little red locktight between the seal and pump housing is well worth doing while it's getting changed anyway.
Either that or a seal retainer.

It SUCKS to do all that and have the seal pop back out after it's all back together.

-
Back