!966 Dodge Dart Wagon

-

dart64gt

Reaction score
Well I findly did it I pull the Dart wagon out of storage and going to make me a junk yard hauler. I got me a 3.9 fuel injection with a T500 and 81/4 diff and disc brakes and big bolt pattern Rally Road wheels now all I got to do is get it done. I putt a rack in it and works real good won't do that again still has the stock frame in it. Will post a few pictures of it later. Got to figure out how to attach.

Dart64gt

66 front.jpg

3.9 magnum.jpg

Good luck on the drivers side exhaust manifold. There wasn't much room with the v8 one even though it squished down a hell of a lot. It's going to be nice with that FI and Od.

Those engine mounts look good!Do they attach to the stock insulators?Is the rack a front or rear steer unit and what is it from?Any hop-up on the V6?5.2 throttle body,1.7 rockers,reduced plenum area?Bob

Wow I will be watching this project too.:thumbup

Please keep this thread updated and are you using a v/8 k member.
Or was that a slant 6 car and you changed the motor mounts.
I have never thought about a v6 in a early A.
Love them wagons.:thumbup:

Hey MeMike the early a's used the same K-member for either the /6 or v8. That's something they should of stuck with in my opinion. The biggest deal for the swap is the center link, but with a rack I don't know.

Beleive it or not the stock v6 fit in almost perfect with the rack & pinon. I will post some more picture of it when I finish the exhaust.

Thanks for the support

Hi It was a /6 car and I just cut the k frame where the steering was mounted and I made up some motor mounts the v6 has no where to mount as they are now in the middle of the eng. They are not the same as the v8s as I have a 1964 Dart Gt with a 1996 5.9 fuel injection and still have the /6 K frame in it and use the early v8 motor mounts. You may have seen my car is was in Hot Rod and Mopar Action One smart Dart that is where they got the ideal for the Savoy I think
Thanks for the replys

Hey, that used to be my wagon. I sold it to you a few years back. I was wondering what ever happened to it. Glad to see that she's still around. I was gonna do the 5.9 magnum swap like you did in your dart. Hope the project goes well. Oh ya, I almost forgot the torsion bars in the wagon came out of my 340Duster & the /6 bars went in my Duster. The bars from my Duster were 340 rated bars & only had about 20k on them when I switched them out for the /6 bars.

You're Dart is awesome. It's won first place at Spring Fling I think a few times. It was one of the first, if not first, FI Magnums around this area. :thumbup: :headbang:

Are you going to bring any of your cars out to Fall Fling Saturday November 10, 2007 ?

Would actually be cool to see this wagon there in-progress like it looks now. Especially if the motor was just set in it with the grille off it to show case your fabrication.

You see lots of cars that are done at shows. The wagon tells a great story. :thumbup:

Hi It was a /6 car and I just cut the k frame where the steering was mounted and I made up some motor mounts the v6 has no where to mount as they are now in the middle of the eng. They are not the same as the v8s as I have a 1964 Dart Gt with a 1996 5.9 fuel injection and still have the /6 K frame in it and use the early v8 motor mounts. You may have seen my car is was in Hot Rod and Mopar Action One smart Dart that is where they got the ideal for the Savoy I think
Thanks for the replys

Thanks for the replys

Got any pics or links showing your 5.9 dart?

You're Dart is awesome. It's won first place at Spring Fling I think a few times. It was one of the first, if not first, FI Magnums around this area. :thumbup: :headbang:

Are you going to bring any of your cars out to Fall Fling Saturday November 10, 2007 ?

Would actually be cool to see this wagon there in-progress like it looks now. Especially if the motor was just set in it with the grille off it to show case your fabrication.

You see lots of cars that are done at shows. The wagon tells a great story. :thumbup:

I just load it up on tralier and bring it to fall fling and them take a close look at it. Yea it was one of the first for a fuel injection done that how it got in HOT ROD something diff.
Dart64gt:lol:

Hey, that used to be my wagon. I sold it to you a few years back. I was wondering what ever happened to it. Glad to see that she's still around. I was gonna do the 5.9 magnum swap like you did in your dart. Hope the project goes well. Oh ya, I almost forgot the torsion bars in the wagon came out of my 340Duster & the /6 bars went in my Duster. The bars from my Duster were 340 rated bars & only had about 20k on them when I switched them out for the /6 bars.

Yes it was I decided it was time to do something with it. I going with a 3.9 with the T500 O/D and 8 1/4 rear end frt disc brakes A/C and of coarse rack & pinon steering. My Junk Yard Wagon Here are a couple of pictures of the 1964 Magnum Power

Dart64gt

close up 64 eng 1.jpg

frt 64 gt.jpg

very cool darts. love those wagons too.

Yes it was I decided it was time to do something with it. I going with a 3.9 with the T500 O/D and 8 1/4 rear end frt disc brakes A/C and of coarse rack & pinon steering. My Junk Yard Wagon Here are a couple of pictures of the 1964 Magnum Power

Dart64gt

Thanks for the pics. I noticed your a/c lines going into your evaporator hook up where the 66 model does. Are you running a 66 a/c evaporator? Ive been hunting one down for sometime. I bought a 67, but the lines are over a touch more and it doesnt have that indention for that pushed in area on the 66s firewall. Your 64 looks cool, im sure your 66 will be just as nice.

Well what I did was I was at a pick-A-part junk yard and found this little pinto that had a ARA a/c unit and I to everything but the compressor as I am going to use the 3.9 compressor and needed a evaporator for it and the one on there fit perfect and the dash unit goes all the way across the dash I will post some pictures of it when I get the dash back in it. I am making up all my own hoses where they go through the fire wall. Hope it will cool the wagon I have a 30lbs of R-12 of the old stuff. Hera is a picture of the roof still got to color sand & clear coat

Dart64gt

roof new paint 1.jpg

hey, is that you in the newspaper you used for masking ?? lol

love the v6 wagon idea, don't know much about the early years, but it sounds like that swap might provide a few less clearance headaches than a small block in that body. please keep us posted.
-pauly

Well what I did was I was at a pick-A-part junk yard and found this little pinto that had a ARA a/c unit and I to everything but the compressor as I am going to use the 3.9 compressor and needed a evaporator for it and the one on there fit perfect and the dash unit goes all the way across the dash I will post some pictures of it when I get the dash back in it. I am making up all my own hoses where they go through the fire wall. Hope it will cool the wagon I have a 30lbs of R-12 of the old stuff. Hera is a picture of the roof still got to color sand & clear coat

Dart64gt

So your 1st picture of your wagon was taken a while ago? Looks like you have made some progress since then.

So are you planning on taking the wagon to Fall Fling in whatever state it is then? If so I look forward to seeing it there and I will look for it. If it not running we can make an exception and have you unload it in near or in the show field. But you must take the tow rig over to the trailer parking.

Hey MeMike the early a's used the same K-member for either the /6 or v8. That's something they should of stuck with in my opinion. The biggest deal for the swap is the center link, but with a rack I don't know.
Thanks 64dartwagon!!
But I am sure I will keep the slant in a 63 classic 4 door.:headbang:
I sure do like your paint on the wagon. Looks very sharp

-
Back