98 Ram SS/T Redo/Restore

-
That would be cool. We need to sit down and drink a few somehow. I'm buyin.

More parts. I am trying to do this right and used quality parts the first time. I want this truck to last a long time, be dependable, and look good. So instead of going with your typical zinc coated or brass fittings I got online and found some really nice stainless steel ones. Well I was gonna buy them directly from Performance Stainless Steel since they were the cheapest online. Well once it was time to order I did one last search to see if someone had a deal going on and sure enough I found them on Ebay. Total cost for the three was just under $39, saved myself $15 on whole order. Look to be really nice quality too. Can't wait to get these in that freshly powder coated intake. Will almost be a shame to put it on the engine and get it dirty.

Attachments

• IMG_1625.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 435
Nice score Corey! With quality parts at bargain prices, you're an inspiration to us all.

Keep in mind those fittings can match your intake if you wish. Stainless turns out NICE!! but coating them would blow your budget out of the water ... they're $2 each to work up. :-D

Keep your head down and stay safe!

I thought about having them done as well but I think a little contrast will be good. I am using stainless hardware for everything so they will be in good company. :cheers:

No hurry, I still have quite a few things to buy for it. Plus this whole being stuck in Iraq thing that is slowing my progress.

Well my tach that I bought from Btroxler showed up on Monday and my Remflex header gaskets got here yesterday. Once again nothing more then parts but still makes me feel like I am making progress.

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_1641.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_1648.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 411
A shift light in a truck? Now you're talkin. Gonna be sweet. Remember, I'm buyin the beer. I'll even fill you up on chicken wings.

Well factory tachs are historically inaccurate so I needed a good tach anyway. So why not get one now and be prepared for the future and not have to buy things twice? I forsee another deployment in the next 18-24 months so I wil be building another motor with the money I save from it. Are they ever fast enough? I want to build it into a really impressive stockish looking pickup.

Couldn't ignore some of the cosmetic things that needed attention. Not much but I needed new tailgate support cables. I had a broken one and the other was just about to break. They are almost exacty the same as the factory ones but I only paid $16.84 shipped for these. I have several other things on my list of repairs also, a few that are required by law and so I can pass the safety inspection when I get back. Namely license plate lights, they used wood screws to "fix" them and the pigtails were ripped off the bezels so both are gonna get replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_1650.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 390
Ok just another parts update. I had beeen looking for 1 inch header bolts that weren't horribly expensive and wasn't having any luck so I started a thread here and then it dawned on me. Email Gibson headers, the company that makes my headers and ask them if they sell just the bolts, turns out they do. I got new header and collector bolts for just under $26 shipped to my door. I also figured there were some cosmetic issues that I need to address with the pickem up truck so I started lookinf for a new tilt lever since mine was broken off. Ebay it was found one for under $14 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 354
Well like always it's the first part of the month so I have a parts update. I got my taxes back already so I thought it was time to get my tires. I keep an eye out for the best price in case there was a sell on them then I would jump well this is the best everyday and current price I could find, $632 shipped. I bought them yesterday and they showed up at my house today, kess then 30 hours after I bought them, shipped from Ohio to NC. Nitto 420s 275/60/17

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1672.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1672-1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 334
Well here they are, my new rims. Found these on Ebay for $401 shipped. Gonna look great with my new tires I got. They are awesome except one of them had some prep work done to the back and it looks kinda half a$$ed but you can't see it when it is mounted on the truck so no biggie. I am pleased with them they look a million times better then the ones I have now plus now I have 2 sets. I am considering sending the best 2 of the old rims to get widened to 11 inches. I think they would look fricken sweet, may even have the other 2 narrowed to 6-7 inches instead of 9. Give the truck that track look.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1709.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1705.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1690.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1686.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1685 cut.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 328
Well I ended up sending back the worse of the rims for a replacement. I already received the replacement and it was even worse. So it looks like I will be sending it back too. I have also ordered all of my gaskets and associated stuff to install all of the stuff I have bought. Stainless button head valve cover bolts, AN stainless washers (I wanted the small outside diameter), t-stat and gasket, throttle body and adapter gasket, intake gasket, coolant temperature sensor, injector o-rings, and vaccum tree. Gonna start buying ball joints and tie rods next month. I am considering Prothane buchings as well but we will have to see how things go.

I am trying. I have everything performance wise that I want for it so I am turning my attention towards some of the general maintenance items. Ball joints, tie rods, cooling system. Stuff that I am sure has never been replaced, even though the truck only has 90641 miles it is 14 years old.

Well I sent back some "Moog" ball joints and ordered new ones that are actually Moog parts. I ordered inner and outer tie rod ends and upper ball joints from Amazon and they were quite a bit cheaper then anybody else. I also order new Gorilla lugnuts and my Goodyear Gatorback serpentine belt showed up last week. Will have a few more updates when the rest of my parts show up in the next few days. Still waiting on 1 tie rod since it shipped seperately but is scheduled to be delivered today.

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1862.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1858.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1857.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_1863.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 254
Well my Goodyear upper and lower radiator hoses came in yesterday, as well as my 1 tie rod end that was shipped separately. If you look really close you can see Moog on the boot, it's on the sides you can see the M and the G. Also my owners manual came in from Ebay.

Attachments

• IMG_1878.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_1877 paint.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1877.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1870.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 248
Today dawned dark and rainy on this side of the world Corey ... 100% chance of precip and the humidity's at 97%.

Don't worry, I didn't take a job with Channel 7 Weather. What this really means is that it's a perfect day for the finish work on your M1, carb adapter and water neck so I should have some powder **** to send you in the next few hours. :-D

Today dawned dark and rainy on this side of the world Corey ... 100% chance of precip and the humidity's at 97%.

Don't worry, I didn't take a job with Channel 7 Weather. What this really means is that it's a perfect day for the finish work on your M1, carb adapter and water neck so I should have some powder **** to send you in the next few hours. :-D

WOOHOO I can't wait to see them. I am really excited to see.

Nice truck

Thank you. I was planning on only doing stuff I could change back if I decided to go stock again. But I have decided to build it the way I want it. There may be a color change in the next couple of years along with a very serious motor build.

WOOHOO!!!! Ok so I have a big update today. I received pics of my intake from Leanna last night. I am so damn excited about seeing this thing in person I can't stand it. Heck I never even saw it before other then in pics. It came out great and I can't wait to get it on the truck, my only regret is that it is gonna get dirty on the truck. Well here it is all shiny and lookng great. She also did my billet t-stat housing and the 2bbl throttle body adapter. If you need any powder coating done don't even hesitate to send it to Leanna. She is first class all the way, I willl never go anwhere else for my powder work.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 257
  • 011.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 240
  • 013.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 028.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 031.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 247
-