Status
Not open for further replies.

zac_F71

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
title says it they're off a 73 7.25 but have the same bolt pattern as the 8.75

everything but actual drums is there - I would rebuild it all just to be safe but the shoes look almost new

I'm going to a B body 8.75 and won't be able to use them...

Asking $60 shipped

Just saying, but the 10x2.5" BBP A body brakes are the same as the B body ones. For that matter, they're the same as pretty much every 10x2.5" brake that Ma Mopar made from mid sixties all the way up to '89.

Only the 10x1.75" SBP brakes had a different offset.

Just saying, but the 10x2.5" BBP A body brakes are the same as the B body ones. For that matter, they're the same as pretty much every 10x2.5" brake that Ma Mopar made from mid sixties all the way up to '89.

Only the 10x1.75" SBP brakes had a different offset.
This I didn't know - I seen B body drum backing plates on Ebay and they were a different offset than these

This I didn't know - I seen B body drum backing plates on Ebay and they were a different offset than these

All of the big bolt pattern 10x2.5" rear brakes share the same offset. In fact, so do all the 11x2.5" rear brakes. Heck even the rear 11x2" and 11x3" brakes use the same axle offset. The backing plate offset is different to compensate for the different width, but the axles are the same. The SBP A body brakes were the oddball in that the axles length/offset is different.

Front brakes are a different story obviously, so if they were B body plates they could have been for the front.

So it's the axles/drums that are different to make up for the same backing plate offset - I would love to use these on my 68 B body rear end I plan to put in my demon

So it's the axles/drums that are different to make up for the same backing plate offset - I would love to use these on my 68 B body rear end I plan to put in my demon

Uh, sort of? I'll rephrase. The 10x2.5", 11x2.5", 11x2", and 11x3" can all be used on the stock BBP axles. Obviously, the backing plate offset is different on the 2" and 3" plates, but its set up to work with the same axle length/offset as the 2.5" brakes.

The SBP 10x1.75" brakes are just different. They use a different axle length/offset than the 2.5", 2", and 3" brakes. So, they only fit SBP axles.

Long story short, your 10x2.5" BBP A body brakes should fit your B body 8 3/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back