-
Status
Not open for further replies.

e50095

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Need room in the garage to work on my car. All my extra parts need to go. For sale here is an 8 1/4 Rear from a 74 360 Duster. It appears to be 100% functional. I got it from a car in the local U-pull it junkyard. The spider gears have been welded, which I understand some folks call a Lincoln locker. I believe it has the effect of being a spool. Maybe some old hats can chime in on that. It's a 3.21 ratio, and comes complete with brakes (but no drums). I need $75 for it, which I believe is a great deal. I'm located just north of Baltimore in Shrewsbury, Pa, off I-83. This is an easy drive from New York to North Carolina. Feel free to ask any questions, and if someone can set us all straight on the Lincoln locker we'll all be more educated.

thanks...

Ken

Attachments

• 8.25 Rear.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 732
  • 8.25 Rear Axle.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 754
  • 8.25 Rear Closeup.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 672
  • 8.25 Rear Side Axle View.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 698
You called it...welded spiders = poor man's spool...a bunch of guys do that when they do derby racing due to low cost...downside is it puts heavier stresses on the axles...I've never personally witnessed one snap from welding the spider gears, but I have heard of it happening.

That being said, if I lived near you, I'd be interested...$75 ain't a bad deal for a complete rear even if you do have to get a new center section.

Where are you located? I'm interested!

Edit, looks like I didn't read it all the way though and your pretty far out. Damn.

Still available guys......$50 takes it.....

Damn I wish we were closer. It's almost worth that in scrap, although I would not scrap it.

Its gotta go guys, so if anyone can use it, I'm down to $25, which is crazy low for an operational 8 1/4. Someone please take it off my hands......I gotta start making some room in my garage or my car will never be finished.:protest:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back