-
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangetwist

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
have a set of valve covers that have been sitting inside the blast cabinet for years and years. according to http://www.tonysparts.com/images/BigBlockValveCovers.pdf these would fit non HP and C, A body HP cars. so i believe these would be from the 68 dart gts 383 car we had about 10 years ago. they are in great shape, all tabs intact, no dents or dings. just need cleaned up and painted.

i think the stuff on the inside was engine gunk, then they sat in our cabinet for years and the crap flying around in there stuck to it and built it up. it comes off, sometimes it just takes some time since its so old and stuck, other times it comes right off.

$100 plus shipping, for $115 i will finish blasting them inside and out. parts located in new palestine, in 46163

Attachments

• nonhp_and_c,abody_hp.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 250
  • blue2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 265
  • blue3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 251
I don't recall seeing a bodies w chrome ones from the factory. All that I have seen have been painted. Click the link in my post to tonys parts page. Its an article the published in one of the mopar mags on valve cover identification, pretty good info. I've got it bookmarked just for reference, now if only they'd do one on small block covers.

If they are BB/A-Body, they'd be chrome, wouldn't they?

Yep, except for the 69 440, (all had the chrome breather), and A body covers have the spark plug retainer on the top on both sides.

well, yep they have the chrome ones:-D

look at this http://www.tonysparts.com/images/BigBlockValveCovers.pdf

thats what i was going off of. and i honestly couldnt recall what they had off the top of my head. i knew that the page i looked at said that, and i knew around the time i remember them being around we had a 383 dart, so it made sense. theres been many other big blocks through the doors though.

would they make sense for a 66 coronet 383 car? that was initially what i thought these came off of, but when i looked at that page it said different. so i just went with what it said.

they look very similar to a set i have off of a 1966 383 2 brl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back