Not open for further replies.

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I've put bucket seats in my 70 dart and now I'm working on the console and shifter. I have everything necessary except for the lower shift linkage rod. I need the lower rod that attaches to the bellcrank and to the transmission. Also whatever washers and clips necessary to hook it up would be nice.

EDIT:the stupid auto correct on my phone changed console into column on the title... But I do need the linkage for a CONSOLE shifter.

i believe i have what you need...if this looks like it, PM me.

Unfortunately that isn't what I need. I've seen what I'm after in pictures on Google.

...was only trying to help bro. your welcome

We see about 2 per year "parts wanted" posts for this same piece. I made one from a different similar piece but I did have OEM sample to copy. I haven't seen a reproduction. That doesn't mean it isn't out there. Good luck

PM me your email address and I will send you pictures of what I have, it came off my 67

RedFish got me thinking about modifying a factory column rod to use as my floor shift rod. However both of the factory column shifter rods were too short to be used. I went to Lowe's and bought a 5/16 piece of round solid steel rod for $4 a propane torch for $16 and made the linkage. I just heated it and bent it into a shape that cleared everything and looked nice and neat. I cut off one of the ends of an OEM linkage rod to use the factory clip and retainer. I used a friend's mig welder to spot weld the end on and DONE. It looks completely factory to the untrained eye and works perfectly using the factory adjuster/swivel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back