A Body Driver Yearly Miles and Current Miles

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
A little fun survey here for the high use driver cars out there: how many miles do you put a year on your 273/318/340/360 A body and how many miles total on the engine so far, or since last rebuild? (List basic engine add ons)

I haven't driven mine in about a year since the engine and transmission have been torn out. But I daily drove it before that for ~8 yrs.

Over that 8 year period I put ~75k miles on it. Which is 9,375 miles per year. It is the original 318 and I pulled it at ~213k miles total.

Can't wait to get it back on the road. Time to start dumping money into it

I haven't driven mine in about a year since the engine and transmission have been torn out. But I daily drove it before that for ~8 yrs.

Over that 8 year period I put ~75k miles on it. Which is 9,375 miles per year. It is the original 318 and I pulled it at ~213k miles total.

Can't wait to get it back on the road. Time to start dumping money into it

Not bad. I'm figuring on putting 100-150 average miles a week on mine, mainly cruising on weekends around town or to shows. Which is about 7500 miles a year. I plan to just keep up on the fluids, essential maintenance, and the suspension components when needed and it should be fine. Its a garaged car, so paint should last. Love to cruise this car (72 Scamp with 318/ 302 heads, 260 cam, TTI exhaust, 904 with 2100 stall).

My Duster is now relegated to occasional drives, being it has 3.91 gearing.

My slant six dart gets driven about 12,000miles a year, currently only about 85k on the little 170. And I probably put 6,000-8,000 miles yearly on my '77 D100 with its original 178k mile 318 2bbl.

I drive mine sometimes as much as 600 miles a day between AZ and CA.
For a normal month it might be 3,000 miles, and I have had it for a little over two years but never pulled the motor (yet) :)

I have accumulated 125,000 miles on my 68 S clone since 1999. Most of those were in the first 4 years when it was my DD 4seasons. I used to, every Sept. long weekend, put a 318A/T in it for the winter,and then on May-long, Id put the 366 M/T back in.Sometimes Id swap the rear too. I got to be pretty fast at that. After 2005,the mileage climbed more slowly. Last year, I wonder if I put 3000 miles on it.(semi retired, not traveling much these days, having way too much fun here on FABO).

102,899 Miles to date on my '68 slant six. 6k of those miles have been spent as a turbocharged car. I bought it at 78,000 miles a little more than 2 years ago.

My grandpa bought my Dart new back in '73 and because of his job he spent a lot of time traveling. Took a little more than two years to rack up 100,000 miles and the car was a daily driver for almost 25 years. Fast forward to today and there are about 300k miles on the car. The original A230 and 8 1/4 haven't been rebuilt but the car has had four different engines(the original 225, a replacement 225, a mild 318, now a 340), three coats of paint, and the seats recovered twice. Many cars come and go but no matter what the Dodge lives on!

I put about 1,000 miles a year on it just driving it around town (It's lived in the same town for 42 years now). I'm looking forward to taking my first road trip in it!

64 Valiant /6 225 had it since November 14 and have put on 7K miles.

73 Dart Sport 408 stroker and GM 200R4 transmission. The first year I had the motor installed I drove almost 10K miles, mostly on race gas. The next two years were less, as I have just over 20K on the motor now and I am going into the forth year. I drive it a lot.

I bought mine back in 2005 with 32,000 miles and for the first few years it was a daily driver with the 225 and I put about 8000 miles on it. I put in my 360 and it became a weekend cruiser and racked up maybe 3 thousand miles in 2 years. Then I pulled the motor out and bored it .30 over and did aluminum heads and flat tops and recently I have the car apart more time then it's together just doing small projects. My plan is to get street tires on it again so I can make the 400 mile round trip to the Holley hot rod reunion. The 200 mile trip to the mopar nationals. Then to wrap up the year I am planning a week long trip with the car down the appalachian mountains to North Carolina, that trip I'm shooting for 1000 miles. Oh yes and the car will be running in the twelves if all goes as planned!!

73 Dart Sport 408 stroker and GM 200R4 transmission. The first year I had the motor installed I drove almost 10K miles, mostly on race gas. The next two years were less, as I have just over 20K on the motor now and I am going into the forth year. I drive it a lot.

Awesome!

-
Back