A-Body w/6.1 Gen III Hemi NHRA approved fuel system, what do you say?

-

JBrian

Reaction score
I have a new stock tank and a 6.1 Hemi with EFI figure under 600FWHP. I’m thinking about one of the Aeromotive in tank pumps. This will be for a street, strip pro-street type application. Which one, do I need a regulator and what type of fuel line that will pass NHRA tech for a car running no faster than 11.50.

Doing this swap myself, I went with a return style system with steel braided rubber line. You will need steel line or steel braided line, braided line with fittings is more expensive but a lot less time to install and easier to install. Steel line takes time to bend and fit and you will need a tubing bender.

Yep, I ran the Summit Push Lok stuff from the tank all the way to the engine. I used teh factory hardline for a return since my regulator is in the engine bay. Passed tech at test and tune night fine. Should probably be a little better shielded for a full on race car, but mine's just a cruiser.

I think there is an alternative where you can have the line next to the trans, but it has to be in a metal sleeve of a certain thickness. I remember something along those lines at least. It was stated something like the line needs to be properly shielded as it runs past the bellhousing and suggested something like a pipe or tube. Routing it on the outside of the frame would pretty much have the same effect.

-
Back