A/C Restoring

-
I will, but it's going to be awhile before I'm ready to even think about it. going through the A/C will be one of the last things I'm going to do on my car.
Adam

I specialize in rebuilding RV2 compressors, both early and late models, clutches, plunum boxes, line, hoses, condensors, filter-driers, 134A and R12 systems. Remember, original a/c adds another 10% to the value of the car.

Hi,
I have a 72 Swinger and have been going back and forth about resto of the oe A/C vs. the Vintage Air A/C. I can do the vintage for 1100 bucks. Can you email me off list at stuthemoparman@sbcglobal with your estimate for everything?
switch
box
compressor
drier
etc...

Thanks,
Stu

Well guys it all depends on how much is actually damaged. It may be just one or two things that may need to be fixed or replaced. the other things just may need to be reconditioned. the entired system should be flushed , though. The drier should also be replaced or rebuilt. I can rebuild an rv2 for 150 with the clutch. The plenum box will be around 200 to restore. These are just a couple of examples. There are not very many places or people that do this kind of work and know how to do it right. I would probably have to look at the actual systems to give a more acurate quote.

I have a factory A/C in my '69 Valiant, and so far it seems to work, it just doesn't blow cold air. I have no experience with A/Cs so I have no idea what it could be. Any ideas?

Talking about a/c, what is the difference between Autofrost (R12 replacement) and 134? Are they interchangeable as long as you use Ester oil?

some of those other refrigerants have flamable gases that are not good to be in your system.

-
Back