A Different Christmas Poem

-
Ok guys so this video gave me an idea, today I spent a couple hours at the Atlanta airport giving out small Whitman Sampler chocolates to soldiers, thanking them for protecting me and my family, and wishing them Merry Christmas. Mostly I did this for the guys and gals who were by themselves; the others who were with loved ones didn't need a stranger intruding on their private moments. I was able to shake hands and speak to 24 of these heroes, and I am still in awe. The point of me sharing this is that it takes very little effort to thank a soldier. I am sure most of you make a habit of doing so anyways. And while I'm on this important subject, thank you to all the FABO members who are in the military or have served in the past, and your families for their sacrifices as well. And Merry Christmas to you all.

Ok guys so this video gave me an idea, today I spent a couple hours at the Atlanta airport giving out small Whitman Sampler chocolates to soldiers, thanking them for protecting me and my family, and wishing them Merry Christmas. Mostly I did this for the guys and gals who were by themselves; the others who were with loved ones didn't need a stranger intruding on their private moments. I was able to shake hands and speak to 24 of these heroes, and I am still in awe. The point of me sharing this is that it takes very little effort to thank a soldier. I am sure most of you make a habit of doing so anyways. And while I'm on this important subject, thank you to all the FABO members who are in the military or have served in the past, and your families for their sacrifices as well. And Merry Christmas to you all.

Awesome!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Way to go Goldfish!!!:happy10:

I thought this video deserved to be seen again this year. Beautifully written and powerful. Thanks Tom for posting this poem.

Bump for another year. Welcome home to all our servicemen and women and please pray for all who cannot be home with their families this Christmas and for our brothers and sisters who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Duster, thank you so much for posting this, and Goldfish, thank you for bringing it back up. This video really made my eyes water. There were a couple points that I actually had to stop the video. It has brought up so many memories. Thank you very much.

Anyone who has not read this, first of many patriotic poems written by Michael Marks, please click on the video at the top of this thread. Thank you Tom for posting it.

You are welcome David. I apologize for not re-posting this as I have been so consumed with looking for work. Thanks for this very appropriate poem at this time of year. This should be remembered every day of the year.

You are welcome David. I apologize for not re-posting this as I have been so consumed with looking for work. Thanks for this very appropriate poem at this time of year. This should be remembered every day of the year.

Remembering the people who serve, thank you Tom for posting this GREAT video.

because of my family situation we travel a lot and spend plenty of time at international airports
from the moment my boy (whose now six) knew how to talk I taught him to go up to anyone he saw in a uniform and tell them "thank you for serving"
its almost time to teach my daughter the same (she turned two last month)

-
Back