A E-bay jackwagon

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
There's a jackwagon on e-bay with a grille for sale. I bid on it and the auction ends because of the reserve. Max bid is $50. He e-mails me and tells me he relisted it for one day and he lowered the reserve. Today I bid on it and the auction ended at $75 still not sold because of the reserve. He e-mails me again and said he re-listed it again with no reserve. I just checked on it and the bidding starts out at $150. I've been played!

there seem to be alot of junk on ebay now days i love the it also fits bullshit

He must be watching, He's down to $135 now.

I don't blame him....I wouldn't sell a nice grille for $50.00 either.....

66 Dart grille. Looks like a nice one if you need one 2T. It's up in an hour and 20 min.

No, I was just wondering if I could help by finding one, but I dont know where any '66 grilles are

You can report him..explain your story and what he is doing and ebay will take action...I have done it and they did help out and got the issue resolved..... he is not supposed to be able to close an auction after a bid has been registered....they will thump him but YOU will need to follow thru a few times or it will just die....if you won it go get it!

He's just jackin' with the rules. It looks like a nice grille and worth some coin.
He as a seller wants to get top dollar and me as a buyer doesn't want to pay much.

There's a jackwagon on e-bay with a grille for sale. I bid on it and the auction ends because of the reserve. Max bid is $50. He e-mails me and tells me he relisted it for one day and he lowered the reserve. Today I bid on it and the auction ended at $75 still not sold because of the reserve. He e-mails me again and said he re-listed it again with no reserve. I just checked on it and the bidding starts out at $150. I've been played!

Let me see if I got this right. You bid on it when it was listed 2 times and they both expired. Now he listed it with no reserve at 150 start bid. I dont see how he is jacking you around if that is the case. The way I see it his reserve was at least 150 and it never met that so now he listed it at the amount he will take for it.

He's just jackin' with the rules. It looks like a nice grille and worth some coin.
He as a seller wants to get top dollar and me as a buyer doesn't want to pay much.

The question is "Is it worth 150 or not?" I understand you dont want to pay that but if not then someone else may come along and pay that. He can ask whatever he wants but he may not sell it. It all depends on what someone will pay.

i know what you mean. theres a 63 grill thats been on there forever. starting price 495. mine is just fine compared to that price.

The question is "Is it worth 150 or not?" I understand you dont want to pay that but if not then someone else may come along and pay that. He can ask whatever he wants but he may not sell it. It all depends on what someone will pay.
To me no. I dont need to pay $150 for one. If it's as perfect as described $150 would be very reasonable.

People kill me with their "no reserve" horse **** and then have a high starting price. There's your reserve. duhhh

I've never sold anything on eBay but I've looked into it. Last I knew, you paid a higher listing fee if you listed something with no reserve but with a high opening bid as opposed to starting at something like an opening of 99 cents.

-
Back