A smile on the face makes it all worthwhile

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
Once upon a time I bought an '89 F150, 4x, 5.0L/5speed truck off a buddy of mine (our very own 3404speed, John) with the intent of doing a little work to it and putting it on the road.

Well, the little work turned into a lot of work, as most things of this nature tend to do. I won't get into detail as to what all it needed, let's just say it snowballed into more than I planned on doing to begin with.

As I worked on it, I started to ask myself "why?" Then it became a quest. I was going to see this b**** up and running come hell or high water.

There's a story behind the truck. John's mom's second husband owned this truck. John's mom has been through what I've been through: losing a significant other. Twice. This truck belonged to Earl and then became John's. When John's mom found out that I was working on the truck and getting it up and running she wanted to see it.

Yesterday John and I took a trip down to where his mom lives and we stopped by his brother's garage to take care of some business before we stopped by his mom's house.

We didn't need to. She was doing some paint work and family was with her when they heard us coming down the road. John's mom didn't even wait for us to come to her. She jumped in the car and came down to the garage.

The smile on her and the hug I got made it all worthwhile. You just can't put a price tag on something like that.

View attachment 100MEDIA$IMAG0245.jpg

Wow, Robert, probably a reason you had to get that puppy up and running huh?? You'd have never seen that smile so big, which makes it all worth it!! Glad to hear it touched a few hearts in the process!! And you got a good truck in the deal too!!! Kudos, Geof

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
C

Thanks Robert!

Mom is pretty sentimental, even if she is tough acting.

I know it sparked good memories, and will keep the wheel of life rolling.

Robert that was a great thing to do.God Bless you for all you do.

-
Back