A summer trip in my Duster

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Good evening folks, I recently retired and am now planning my first (of many that I plan to take) trips in my Duster. I built it for the highway and feel confident that we are both prepared!

This trip will take me up the east coast, from middle Georgia to central New York to visit my mother and more family. I plan to leave in early July and return sometime the end of July or early August. I plan to take my bicycle and stay off the interstate for the most part. My first day or two will take me to Charleston S.C. to visit our son. From there up to Raleigh N.C. to visit some family.

So, if you live in the NC to NY route, what is happening in your area during that timeframe that might interest me to visit your town? Any car shows or cruise ins? County fairs? Street parties or music festivals? Make like a travel agent and tell me (and the rest of the forum) why your town should be on my stop in July or early August!!! I will be posting this on every forum I belong to, so your competition includes a lot of different folks besides cars! Respond here or shoot me a PM, Thanks a bunch,
C

CONGRADULATIONS on your retirement

Since you are planning on going north in July, August time frame why not try and make the Chryslers at Carlisle PA or Mopar Natioanls in Columbus Ohio or the cruise of a lifetime Dream Cruise in Detroit area in August

I know these are not on the east coast but they are not that far out of the way if you plan it right

Have a safe trip

I didn't realize you are taking the Duster. That's gonna be fun. I am glad it is running good after we worked on the carburetor. At least that's one I've gotten right recently.

Good evening folks, I recently retired and am now planning my first (of many that I plan to take) trips in my Duster. I built it for the highway and feel confident that we are both prepared!

This trip will take me up the east coast, from middle Georgia to central New York to visit my mother and more family. I plan to leave in early July and return sometime the end of July or early August. I plan to take my bicycle and stay off the interstate for the most part. My first day or two will take me to Charleston S.C. to visit our son. From there up to Raleigh N.C. to visit some family.

So, if you live in the NC to NY route, what is happening in your area during that timeframe that might interest me to visit your town? Any car shows or cruise ins? County fairs? Street parties or music festivals? Make like a travel agent and tell me (and the rest of the forum) why your town should be on my stop in July or early August!!! I will be posting this on every forum I belong to, so your competition includes a lot of different folks besides cars! Respond here or shoot me a PM, Thanks a bunch,
C

That's why we build them. ENjoy! :thumbup:

WHere, in "middle Ga"?

Thanks fellas,
Wildcat - I will look into the Carlisle trip. Always heard about it and it would be great if I can make it fit. I will look into the Ohio trip, but will be in Ohio later this fall - but not in the Duster.
Detroit will have to be a future trip...
Rob, the Duster is doing great. Heading up to Macon probably Tuesday AM - I'll give you a call and perhaps stop by?
1970Duster - Got a/c? Yep
Robert, I very definitely plan to look you up one day during this trip. Have you moved? I didn't recognize the town you are posting from. Shoot me a PM with your cell.
Frankie, You are exactly right. I built this one to be comfortable and to take to the open road. Been planning this particular trip since the build started in, 2007 I think. Where in middle GA? Why Byron, of course!

Still looking for more suggestions! Syracuse Nationals take place in mid July. I will be there for some of it.
C

Byron! Hell, man. RustyRatRod and I both live in Jones County (just north of Macon). Maybe 20 miles away.

the Chrysler at Carlisle Pennsylvania show is coming up in July. You could also visits a cruise in every Saturday starting at about 3 p.m. At a Burger King in Manassas Virginia I can PM you with the details of the exact address.

Frankie, Rob has been a big help to me. We should meet up sometime, now that I have some time!
Howard1784, please PM the details. This is the stuff I want to do if it fits in my schedule. Course I can't be everyplace on Saturday night...
TrailBeast, generally I don't have much problems with the law - but there could be reasons other than speed traps.
Any places to avoid???
C

-
Back