A tight situation : balanced, between initial curve,and accelerater pump shot....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Always went ,Holley double pumper.,and 34-38 @3000-3500. Just trying ,to learn more......

No offence, but I'm confused....is there a question here?

My apologies, Fly fish,and others. With more aggressive initial advanced/curved ignition timing, finding the accelerator pump setup to match..... Sorry,all.

You have to differentiate what "setting" and "tuning" are for you. For me setting is adjusting to a specific spot: i.e. 16° initial, 20° centrifical starting at 2100 and all in by 3200. I rarely adjust timing unless I have a problem - then it becomes ajusting to best fit a particular situation. Adjusting - there's no set formula for it. You do what the evidence tells you to. My experience is that if the rest of the combo is matched and tuned well - the timing's good, the float level, idle mix, and power valve are all close, there's not much needed in terms of pump tuning aside from possibly a squirtor size. Accelerator pump is always last for me because it can be a poor substitute for a mismatched power valve or improper timing curve.

-
Back