a100 super stock seat bracket dimensions needed.

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
I have a set of a100 seat that I want to put in my 66 dart..looking for the the proper super stock seat bracket dimensions that will fit the seats and the car thanks

I have seen two different sets available:
68 A-body
65 B-body
If I had to venture to guess the 68 set would fit your car better than the 65s.
Best fit would likely be to make them fit your car.

Per the '68 S/S authenticity guide (pg 44) the brackets base is 13ins long, top is 13 1/2. height is 4ins. Reinforcements are on either end of the large holes (2 1/4ins). front hole is 1/1/2ins & the rear is 2 1/4. Base mounting holes are 1in from the end & the seat mounting holes are 1/2in from the end. The base is 3ins wide & the upper piece is 1 1/2ins.

The difference between the 65 B-body seats & the "68 is the grain. Also the '68 S/S seats have no welting on them as a regular A100 seat does. Hope this helps..........

dont care about wieght,just had no front seats,my car was gutted when i bought it,

dont care about wieght,just had no front seats,my car was gutted when i bought it,
I understand, I do care about weight. I have completely reworked stock bucket seats w/ custom covers in my 68 fastback, but would like to have lighter seats. Was just curious ---------
Have read about 28 pounds apiece for the s/s seats. ????????

I understand, I do care about weight. I have completely reworked stock bucket seats w/ custom covers in my 68 fastback, but would like to have lighter seats. Was just curious ---------
Have read about 28 pounds apiece for the s/s seats. ????????[/QUOTE)

Have read about 28 pounds apiece for the s/s seats. ????????

My van seats are just shy of 24lb The foldable Pick Up seat used in the SS cars is said to be a hair lighter.

b100 seats lightest ive evere seeen

my seat.jpg

this what i bought for my dart,they look cool in the car and are slightly smaller then a 100 seats,the backs are same height but taper in,plus it apears the metal portions are smaller lighter

this what i bought for my dart,they look cool in the car and are slightly smaller then a 100 seats,the backs are same height but taper in,plus it apears the metal portions are smaller lighter

There have been a pair like that for sale in OKC for a long time square corner top). He wants $450 for them, imagine they need refoamed , definitely need new covers!

-
Back