aargh Turkey Day

-

TXDart

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Well,here comes Thanksgiving and time to smoke a turkey !!!
I done it for the last 15 years on my smoker and winged it the last few...with a burnt out fire box...
Slow at work, so load it up and take to the shop and I get slammed with work.
Will I make sure will...
Rebuilding the box with 1/4 steel ! and made it a little bigger...18 x 18
What you'll going thru for Thanksgiving !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 7.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 114
ive been told thanksgiving is a day you drive 300 miles to spend time with people and to remind you why you live 300 miles from them

Well I live 30 miles away and it a good buffer zone !!!
If you going to eat good food you got to cook it yourself !!!

Going to be cooking a Spatchcocked chicken on one of the Eggs...may use the Reverse Flow if I decide not to cold smoke the pile of cheese, pork belly, pork loin and pork butt...it is bacon smoking time

Working Thanksgiving, had the best family gatherings growing up but now everyone has moved/passed on. Coworkers will all bring dishes and we'll sit down to our own Thanksgiving before serving the public. We have temporary workers from Jamaica, it will be fun to share the holiday with them.

Going to be cooking a Spatchcocked chicken on one of the Eggs...may use the Reverse Flow if I decide not to cold smoke the pile of cheese, pork belly, pork loin and pork butt...it is bacon smoking time
I am getting hungry now. Happy Thanksgiving Doug.

Working Thanksgiving, had the best family gatherings growing up but now everyone has moved/passed on. Coworkers will all bring dishes and we'll sit down to our own Thanksgiving before serving the public. We have temporary workers from Jamaica, it will be fun to share the holiday with them.
Happy Thanksgiving David,I sure you will make some of your customers a memorable Thanksgiving.

-
Back