?? About Fast Fire Wire spark plug wires.

-

mopar65

Reaction score
Ok is any body elese useing the Fast custom fit Fire Wire spark plug wires? I bought a set for my 5.9 magnum Dakota race truck. They was around 60 something shipped to my door. Well removing the plug wires so I could pull the cylinder heads. I had 4 of the plug wire terminals come off the wire. This is the end that came crimped from the factory. These plug wires are brand new by the way.
So i call the fast warranty section, they more or less told me because they are a custom wire set, so there is no warranty. They wouldn't even let me buy 4 new wire terminals. So now I am stuck with a $60 set of junk plug wires i cant use.
Fast is owned by comp cams, the plug wires are 8.5MM, does anybody know wear i can get some straight spark plug wire terminals?

Commonly available at Summit, Jegs. I usually add a little dielectric grease to the boot and make sure you grab the terminal through the boot when removing the wire. Giving the boot a twist before pulling it off helps too.

We had the same problem on out Dakota race truck. We put dielectric grease in the boot before installation & when it came time to remove them I took an old small screw driver that I'd bent at a 90* angle, hooked the boot & gently worked it off.

MSD sells different kits. Buy a special crimper tool as well. I have a set of Taylor wires on my 500 Stroker. I left the wires long so that when the ends from heat started fatiguing I can cut and replace with MSD end kit.Been six years now and haven't yet had an issue.
MSD Replacement Spark Plug Wire Boot and Terminal Kits 8848
Thanks for the info. I already own the MSD crimping tool. I bought it a long time ago. I will look on summit's website. I need the straight terminals.

Commonly available at Summit, Jegs. I usually add a little dielectric grease to the boot and make sure you grab the terminal through the boot when removing the wire. Giving the boot a twist before pulling it off helps too.
Thanks for the info. But I did all that you are saying. I was being careful but still ended up pulling the ends off 4 of them.

We had the same problem on out Dakota race truck. We put dielectric grease in the boot before installation & when it came time to remove them I took an old small screw driver that I'd bent at a 90* angle, hooked the boot & gently worked it off.
That sucks. I put Dielectric grease in the boots of all of them. Guess I am going to have to make a tool like you did. I guess I was more upset that they wouldn't even sell me some ends etc. But oh well life moves on. Thanks for the info every one.

-
Back