ac question

-

bignasty123

Reaction score
1973 duster 318 (till I put in 360/380)..is there a bolt on modern ac compressor so I can ditch the old bulky one. Everything works but just want to put new style one on the car.or can u send me links with pic on how to do so. Thanks

Here's the A/C compressor I used on my small block Demon....

Sanden Model # is 4663

Attachments

• Demon AC Install June 2012 080.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 155
This compressor came included in a kit from Classic Air, so I can't answer that.....

I seriously doubt it would be a direct bolt-on though. It's much smaller than the factory unit.

I don't remember what year it was "eighties" My Boss back then bought a brand new D1 Dodge, and it had a mini compressor like above from factory, 318

I'd bet that aftermarket like vintage air can fix you up

Do NOT throw out your old AC hoses, you might need the ends. "A good shop" can cut the ends off and rework them.

Several companies make compressor brackets for Mopar small blocks. All use a Sanden as in post #2, as do most all hot rodders. Sandens come in 3 lengths I know of: 12, 13, or 15 cc, and either 5 or 7 pistons. The SD7H15 seems most common (7 piston), but many use a "shorty" 12 or 13 for space. You can find "York to Sanden" adapter brackets on ebay. If cheap, you might be able to adapt one to your factory brackets (never seen that). You can find newer compressors (Sanyo?) on 80-90's small blocks (pre-Magnum) on trucks and vans. One of those could fit.

-
Back