Accessible Road Courses

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Everybody knows where the drag strips are, but where can you take your cars on a road course? 65 miles south of Washington DC is Dominion Raceway. They have levels of driving experience from no experience and your daily driver and driving instruction up to drivers club with whatever kind of track prepped car you may have. ROAD COURSE | Dominion Raceway | Virginia Motorsports | Nascar Racing | Entertainment Venue
Who has tracks near them that offer this or tracks that might offer track days to your car club? For instance, Lime Rock Park in Ct. seems pretty closed off, but can a car club gain access? @MRGTX
I might have to plan a road trip vacation around where I might be able to try out different tracks road courses and drags, like a personal power tour
Near me in southern Va. is also a local autocross held at a small local airport that I'd like to check out.

Last edited:
I’m in a pretty good spot. Road America just to the north and several others in northern Illinois and Michigan I think. Just need to get the car done

Get hooked up with your local Scca group and im sure you will find events from hpde to time trials to wheel to wheel. Pocono also runs small events on the infield track.

You might check with Mid-Ohio near Mansfield, OH.

I haven't heard much lately from Nelsons Ledges in Ohio.
One of my old car buddies took their Mini Cooper there and had a blast. Used up a set of tires and brakes in one day so you might consider that if you're going cross country.

Last edited:
“you might consider that”
Very good point

It will be some time before I can even think about cross country, but I do like to dream and think things ahead.
In reality I usually show up somewhere without any clue

There’s a bunch within a few hours of me, I’ve done motorcycle track days at all of these, but they also do track days for various car clubs and racing organizations

Thunderhill Raceway Park | Willows, CA Motorsport Venue

Home (Sonoma Raceway)

Reno Fernley Raceway

And of course there’s Laguna Seca and all the different racing they do there, including the vintage trans am race they do. I went to the Moto GP race there once but haven’t ridden/driven that one myself

Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca | Monterey County, CA

Thanks for the replies so far. Even though I’m way over on the east coast, track info where someone can take their car could be useful to others across the country.

-
Back