Accurate ltd tips / TTI system !!

-

65-440

Reaction score
Installed my factory style tips from Accurate ltd on wednesday. Had to do some slight modification to the TTI tailpipes. Big thanks to Jon ( fenderman33 ) for his shop space and welding skills !! I think they came out good, and in my opinion look better than the TTI tips ! ... And excuse the fingerprints, i forgot to wipe them down before i took some pics ! ..

Attachments

• DSCN3565.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 536
  • DSCN3566.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCN3567.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCN3568.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 533
  • DSCN3569.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 537
  • DSCN3570.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 531
  • DSCN3571.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 529
ya they look good. My only complaint with the TTi tips is they sit out too far, good quality though. Im jelous. How did the rest of your install go?

The TTI pipes themselves were easy. Everything hung as advertised. Considering i did it on my back ! The passenger side was a bit tighter than the driver side though, assuming it was due to the motor offset. I think the tips set it off now, those turn downs were killing me !!

I'm sure it's just a mind thing but to me the cars seem to sound better with the tips.

I'm sure it's just a mind thing but to me the cars seem to sound better with the tips.

I agree completely, the sound did change when the turn downs were taken off. not louder, but the tone out back changed....

Good thing those welds were cheap, because they're sure ugly. I could have sworn they looked better in person.
-Jon

Looks real nice. TTI really needs to come up with some more authentic looking tips and adjust their tail pipe design accordingly.

Looks real nice. TTI really needs to come up with some more authentic looking tips and adjust their tail pipe design accordingly.

Thank you ! I agree completely. Would just be a slight change to the tailpipe specs, seems like an easy fix to me !! ...

Looks really good! Love your Dart too.

Is yours an X pipe or H pipe system? If its an H, what side does the female H pipe section go on? Mines hitting the pass floor an dI'm curious if I got the pipe switched.

Should clean up and paint the rear end and spring plates

if it bothers you, you can drive up here and take care of it ... not a big deal to me, i drive the car too much to worry about under car detail ... plus, i think its pretty neat that after degreasing the rear diff i can see the factory paint markings still !! ...

Looks really good! Love your Dart too.

Is yours an X pipe or H pipe system? If its an H, what side does the female H pipe section go on? Mines hitting the pass floor an dI'm curious if I got the pipe switched.

Thank you ! .. its an h-pipe system. i too had that same problem with the right side hitting the floorpan right before the muffler. just have to loosen the midpipe clamps and twist the pipe until your happy with the clearance. dont remeber the female part of the H, but the pipes are stamped LH/RH mid pipe ... i will look underneath the car tomorrow and double check for you

Is your TTI system the 2.5 inch? Your exhaust tips are they designed to slip over the TTI exhaust pipe. I have the TTI system on my 70 Dart as well but I have the X-pipe set up. Hows good old VA Beach these days? I used to live in Newport News when I was in the Navy. I used to know a John Fenter if I have the spelling correctly. He owned a white Challenger at the time. Don't know if its the same guy that help you or not.

Is your TTI system the 2.5 inch? Your exhaust tips are they designed to slip over the TTI exhaust pipe. I have the TTI system on my 70 Dart as well but I have the X-pipe set up. Hows good old VA Beach these days? I used to live in Newport News when I was in the Navy. I used to know a John Fenter if I have the spelling correctly. He owned a white Challenger at the time. Don't know if its the same guy that help you or not.

Yes its the 2.5" pipe ... the tips are designed to slip over any 2.5" pipe, so fitment on that part was not an issue ! ... VA beach is good, i moved here in '99 for the navy, then left in '02 to go to Cali .. now im out of the navy and back in VA ! ... There are a lot of MOPAR junkies around here, im sure somebody knows him, heck i might even know him just usually dont get last names ! But thats not the Jon that helped me .... Wish there was a closer dragstrip, be sweet if suffolk raceway re-opened !

Looks great and I'll bet it sounds good too. Mopar did a great job with their exhaust sound and looks. tmm

Here are a couple of action shots for you. I've started working on my car again. Maybe it will be on the road this coming year.
-Jon
IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0519.jpg

if it bothers you, you can drive up here and take care of it ... not a big deal to me, i drive the car too much to worry about under car detail ... plus, i think its pretty neat that after degreasing the rear diff i can see the factory paint markings still !! ...

Not tryin to be rude or anything. Just throwin out a suggestion.

if you doint mind me asking, how much did the tips run you? im expecting to run a TTI exhaust and i want the factory style tips as well

Here are a couple of action shots for you. I've started working on my car again. Maybe it will be on the road this coming year.
-Jon
IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0519.jpg

Sweet ! That car is gonna be crazy when finished. Give me a shout if you need a hand..

Not tryin to be rude or anything. Just throwin out a suggestion.
No worries, I'm good !

if you doint mind me asking, how much did the tips run you? im expecting to run a TTI exhaust and i want the factory style tips as well

I paid $140 for the tips from accurateltd ... Very happy with them, slipped right over the tti pipes .... Looks way better than the turn downs !

-
Back