acorn style center caps in small bolt pattern????????? huh?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
ok, i have 3 rally centers. one is big pattern and fits on a bbp axle i have. however, the other two do not. they are smal;ler bolt pattern.

what is up with these?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 202
how, 72 and up a body had lbp disc brakes

Cause 71 down is cone style.

how, 72 and up a body had lbp disc brakes

Nope, the '72 340 cars were still using the 8 3/4 rear end hence the small bolt pattern and they were using the kelsey-hayes disc brakes which =sbp. In '73 the 8 1/4 rear was introduced in the A bodies and the newer single piston disc brakes which = lbp.
So you have '72 small bolt pattern center which could have been on a slant six car all the way through a honkin 340. You also have the large polt pattern center for '73 and later. I have a '74 Duster with a 198 cubic inch slant six with the Lbp ralleys and same centers because it came with the newer single piston disc brakes.
hope this helps....

so these are one year on ly ? 72 only?

if my 73 duster had been optioned with rallyes, these would have been the centercaps because it came with small drum brakes, 7 1/4 and a sbp.

Those are what came on my 72 340 demon, sbp with K.H. disc brakes.

Those are what came on my 72 340 demon, sbp with K.H. disc brakes.

Yep!!! For the SBP cap sequence, here is the general rule...

1970= Cone style with light argent painted relief
1971=Cone style cap with dark argent painted relief
1972 and up= Acorn style with light argent painted relief

You may find them painted other colors, the acorn style may have a removeable center, but above is the way they came from the factory in their respective years!! Hope this helps, Geof

-
Back