Adding 4 more legs to the household-Clara

-

SLOPAR72

Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago a co-worker told me to come get this dog that showed up in his yard..... Well, that is exactly what happened after animal control kept her for a week (no chip either!) I'm not sure my current dog is overly excited about the turn of events but he himself was in the same situation so hopefully my sweet boy will make friends with her eventually.....

We suspect she was a Puppy Mill and has some type of pointer in her. I could care less about that. And she has been mistreated so there is alot of work ahead..... But she's here, will melt in your arms, and is mighty happy right now with a bed, food, and now a place to call home!!!!

JW

20230521_102816.jpg

That's awesome. People need to remember that God doesn't like people who are mean to his children and animals. I'm sure glad that there are several animal lovers out ther.

Rescue's can be great dogs. My son has two rescue's, a Shepard mix and a Lab mix. Both great dogs

That's a fine looking pooch! Good on you for being Rescue Man. :thumbsup:

About 2 weeks ago a co-worker told me to come get this dog that showed up in his yard..... Well, that is exactly what happened after animal control kept her for a week (no chip either!) I'm not sure my current dog is overly excited about the turn of events but he himself was in the same situation so hopefully my sweet boy will make friends with her eventually.....

We suspect she was a Puppy Mill and has some type of pointer in her. I could care less about that. And she has been mistreated so there is alot of work ahead..... But she's here, will melt in your arms, and is mighty happy right now with a bed, food, and now a place to call home!!!!

JW

View attachment 1716093137

THANK YOU for saving a life.

Thank you for opening your heart and home to another loving creature. She looks content and happy, I'm sure that your other pup will adjust and they will get along great.
All of my dogs have and will continue to be rescues.

Well crap..... She finally got to see the Vet Friday and it was definitely not what I wanted to hear...

Lyme disease, heartworms, 103.7 temp, yeast infestion, and fluid pockets where she was fixed. The Lyme disease is my main concern as that explains her being lame and barely able to walk. She's now on antibiotics to start her on the right path but she has to put the work in to live through this or her time with me will be short. The Vet suspects someone either knew of the Lyme disease or just didn't want to deal with the ailing health and dumped her.....

But she eats, drinks, poops, and pee's as of me writing this so if she has the spirit and desire, i'll handle the needs. Such a sweet and loving dog. The fell in love with her at the vet....

JW

20230527_173117.jpg

^^She thanks you for the chance for life.

You ain't the first one to say that since she came home.... It's no secret amongst the people that really know me I have a huge heart for animals. I like an underdog or so to speak lol..... Full steam ahead!

JW

You ain't the first one to say that since she came home.... It's no secret amongst the people that really know me I have a huge heart for animals. I like an underdog or so to speak lol..... Full steam ahead!

JW
My wife and I are much the same, praying for her to fully recover.
She looks a lot like a pup my mother rescued years ago on the side of a highway, vet said she was hours from death when mom picked her up. Nursed her through some tough days, and she became a real sweetheart, lived 15 great years.

Good man for rescuing her! She reminds me of my old Flat Coat retriever I rescued, the wisps of fur off her legs, chest, ears and her tail even looks just bushy enough! Great smart loving dog if that's the breed. Medium energy dog, short training periods are best.

And if not, like you said, who cares, she's a dog and dogs are awesome, no matter the breed. I hope the meds get her back up and running (literally) very soon!

-
Back