adjustable proportioning valve question

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
I am doing the scarebird disc brake kit, replaced the one piece line to the rear with a 2 piece line and installed a right stuff adjustable prop valve, if feels like I am getting a little seepage (leak) where the brass fitting goes into the prop valve, the fitting screwed in tight against the prop valve body, just wondering if there is any kind of sealer I can use on the threads or should I get a different fitting or different prop valve?
Thanks
Aaron

This is the fitting that has the inverted flare seat for the brake line? It should be a 1/8 pipe thread that screws into the prop valve. I usually use a teflon (white) paste on them. It prevents the threads from galling and helps seal them.

yep that's the fitting. Think I have some of that paste. Will give that a try and then rebleed the brakes. Dang, does the "re"doing things ever end!
Thanks
Aaron
Just remembered the other question I had. Which way is less brake and which way is more brake on the valve? Screwed in/out?

All the way in is full pressure if I recall correctly. You'll want to adjust it to where the front brakes lock just before the rears. (Test in a very empty area). Remember that the adjustment bias is not linear and will depend on how hard you are stopping, weight transfer, tire compound, et al.

Another tip for brake lines is to use anti-seize on the backside of the line flare where the line nut comes in contact with it and on the threads of the line nut itself.

-
Back