adjustable rocker ?

-

midlife89

Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to installing my 273 rockers.I've running the stamped ones.Should I bleed down the lifters before I adjust them?,if so what is the best way to do this?,any special tools needed?

Do you have the right push rods?

It is a little more trickey with hyd lifters.

Start by bumping the engine over untill the inatke valve opens and starts back shut, stop and adjust your exhaust valve on the same cylinder.

When the exhaust valve starts to open adjust your intake valve on the same cylinder.

Your going to have to pre load your lifter so while your at the point of adjusting the valve set your push rod at zero and then turn the adjuster a 1/4 of a turn to load the lifter lock it down and move to the next valve.

Ihave a set of comp cams 7821-16 pushrods the guy I bought the rockers from threw in w/the rockers.the block wasn't decked and the heads trued up.I figured I'd try them and see how many threads on the adjusters are showing.I also put new adjusters in them. if too many threads are showing I'll buy a length checker.

That sounds like the right pushrods. If not a lot of milling has been done then your right they should be just fine. Good luck.

Hope someone reads this didn't want to start another thread. When I went to adjust the rockers I found the pushrods where too long.I ordered a length checker this AM.It took 2 full turns before the threads started to show.I was wondering how much of the ball should be sticking out before I set the preload?I guess the pushrods that have in it now with the stamped rockers are also too long which might explain why it didn't run quite as strong as I thought it should.Any info would be appreciated.

-
Back