Adjusting door glass?

-

BWDart

Reaction score
72 Dart 2 dr hardtop the glass is barely touching the weatherstrip if at all in places causing wind noise and sucking all my a/c out. How do I adjust the glass to seal.
Thanks
Bruce

You might want to open up the door and take a look at the tracks and rollers for the glass.
Chances are the plastic parts are broken and adjustment is really only possible if those are in ok condition.

Where can I get rollers n other door parts?

You might be able to find them online but expect them to be pricey.
I had one door (That side sat in the sun where it was parked) that I used thick nylon washers for rollers and have not had a problem with it.

I ground the ends off the old roller pins and knocked them out and used 1/4 fine thread bolts with nylock nuts and the thick nylon washers to rebuild all the rollers.

It worked just fine, but I ended up with a crapload more possible adjustment points for the glass. :D (in or out at one end only, different possible tilt angles and everything)

The real point was just to build new rollers that had the same lengths and positions as the originals.

If this is the drivers door, first look should be the door hinges and latch post.

It is the drivers door, adjusted the door up to close right on the latch have new pins Jims auto parts has new nylon rollers goin to order a set
Thanks for the help
Bruce

-
Back